Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will fitbit let people sleep at night ??

FITBIT, why are you not fixing those stupid flaws in your trackers ??

People like myself do not get the slppe we need becource the stupid watch keep turning on all throug the night.

I have turned all features off, "HR", "Auto on display" and so on, but still, a little tap or two in "the right" order will make the crap light up the room!! And i wake up!

I didnt know why, but I found my self on the edge of breaking totally down in stress and was tired all the time, and then for some reason I slept some nights without the stupid tracker, and in just a few days, i was much better!!! So now i NEVER sleep with the watch on me anymore, and i feel so much better!!

The crappy watch will make people sick, and wil proberbly even get someone killed, as people will fall a sleep all over, even when driving. 

Fix the stupid fault NOW!

I can live with the watch turning off the display on a timer, and on again on a timer, in the morning, or perhaps turn the clock and the HR off when it discover that you are at sleep.

The display should ONLY turn on at night when i press a button for more than 1 sec.!!

Fix the crap now!

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Well, I find your issue to be valid for the display on my Alta lights up pretty brightly, and when your brain is in the sleep mode, it's quite harsh on the eye.

Your suggestion for the lights to switch on only when pressing a button might hold for certain Fitbit devices - the Alta has no such button. This indirectly correlates to a thread in the help forum on having the option to choose the duration of display. My problem is that when working out, you require to keep an eye on the minutes/seconds display - once I tap the display on, Alta lights stay on for mere 3 seconds. So while the Fitbit provides the watch feature, it's of no use if i can't track time.

What would be useful for users is for the display to be provided as option to check on (and for what duration), and switch off with say a button, say like how we use our phones.

As for your predicament, perhaps you can post the suggestion for a 'full feature' display being off when sleep mode is on. All product feature suggestions are tagged with a status, whether under consideration, in the works, etc. Alternatively, how about a cover for display screens - dunno of such things are already out there in the market. I rely too heavily on my silent alarms so cannot go without my band at night, but if the lights were to bother me that much, I guess I could try covering it with a wrist band or sorts. 

Gosh, sometimes I miss the good old Flex with its simple five dots and nothing else. It would track all info for me to check when I need to on the phone! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do the wristband at night thing.

It has two other benefits, besides blocking the screen light.

One, it discourages me from checking the time on the Ionic when I wake up in the middle of the night.

Two, it helps keep the tracker from snagging on anything while I roll around at night.

@Zimnimakes a good point--a lot depends on which fitbit we're discussing. The Ionic I'm using now has been perfect about allowing not waking when disabling the wake-on-wrist-turn. It also has a dim screen setting that lessens the brightness.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@PeterSD

Wow, I've been sleeping with my Charge on every night since 2015 and never had any issues like you. Looking at the newer bulkier ones, yes looks like they would get in the way while tossing and turning. 

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PeterSD I am glad you found a solution for you in taking the watch off. I can honestly say I have never had an issue like the one you describe and I have worn five different trackers in the past three years. I guess it goes to the issue of light sensitivity which will hold true for clocks, phones, e readers- anything that is meant to be seen in the dark for you. thank you for bringing this to the community and raising awareness.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

PeterSD, I agree. I realized recently that one way to help my sleep problems was take my Charge 2 Fitbit off at night and stash it in my drawer. So yes, that has helped. I have a Flex which I haven't used in a year. Maybe I should recharge that and use it just at night. But it would be nice if you could set the lights to stay off at night on the Charge 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband found a great solution to the light problem via the fit bit.  He used an old clean sock and cut the top of it and made two wrist bands from it.  Then all ya do is slip it on before bed and viola done and done.  You could also use a simple athletic wrist band as well.  Seems to do the trick.  

"Be chillinZ like a Penguin cause this is the way"
Best Answer

This may not be new information to anyone, but I'll share it just case.  I turned quick view off and slept significantly better last night.  Since getting my fitbit last weekend I've been waking up almost once an hour (actually waking up and consciously looking at the clock, not just talking about the number of times the graph says I'm awake).  I only remember waking up a couple times last night (even though the graph still says frequently woke up 1 minute at a time.

Best Answer

My ex said she'd leave me if my charge 2 didn't stop coming on at night. I told her I wished I bought the watch sooner.

(Duct tape)

Best Answer

Yes, turning off quick view was the answer for me. (A Fitbit support person told me that.) I put the Charge 2 back on to wear at night after doing that. That's the answer, folks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smiley LOL Love it GershonSurge

Best Answer
0 Votes