Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Fitbit device/bracelet... to use for most accurate sleep tracking?

ANSWERED

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That's great. What I'm telling you, though, is you can't get "sleep quality" and "sleep stages" both--they are totally different things in the world of Fitbit. You have to choose, and the choice will greatly help you decide which model to get.

If you get an HR-enabled Fitbit, you can turn off HR when you want to see sleep quality, or leave it on when you want sleep stages. But it can't do both simultaneously.

All the Fitbits I've used are the same in terms of sleep accuracy. Fitbit doesn't advertise any of the models as being more accurate that way, so you're free to choose almost any of them.

Here's some more information you may find helpful:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2163

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@miha21wrote:

Hi @miha21,

Any of the HR-enabled Fitbits will work fine. I like the Ionic and the Charge 2 personally.

Dave | California

Best Answer

Hmm... can't find any specs comparison. Regarding accuracy, are those changing from device to device? Do all the Fitbit devices have the same algorithm for measuring sleep quality etc? Not interested in design and other features, just looking for most accurate Fitbit sleep tracking device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hr enabled fitbits show sleep stages, non HR fitbits measure sleep quality. Which do you prefer?

Dave | California

Best Answer

Both... using Polar H10 right now but it's a bit uncomfortable to sleep with. I know I won't get the same hr accuracy with bracelet, but still looking for the best approximation with an addendum of actigraphy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great. What I'm telling you, though, is you can't get "sleep quality" and "sleep stages" both--they are totally different things in the world of Fitbit. You have to choose, and the choice will greatly help you decide which model to get.

If you get an HR-enabled Fitbit, you can turn off HR when you want to see sleep quality, or leave it on when you want sleep stages. But it can't do both simultaneously.

All the Fitbits I've used are the same in terms of sleep accuracy. Fitbit doesn't advertise any of the models as being more accurate that way, so you're free to choose almost any of them.

Here's some more information you may find helpful:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2163

Dave | California

Best Answer