Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has sleep tracking display information changed?

ANSWERED

In the past few weeks the sleep information I used to get from my Fitbit has changed -- and for the worse IMHO.

I used to see good information about depth of sleep. Now all I see is a bar showing total time asleep.  And, no, I have not changed sleep from "normal" to "sensitive" mode. 

Is there a way to return to the previous sleep view mode?  The main reason I got my tracker is to track sleep quality. That information is no longer available so far as I can tell.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

They moved the sleep percentage to Premium.  if you want to see it, you have to pay now.  We pay good money for the Fitbit and now they want more.  I loved checking on how well I slept and it is stupid to have to pay extra for the sleep percentage data, which is part of the reason I bought the Fitbit in the first place.  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Hi..I had the same thoughts when I saw the changes. Then I realized that if you scroll down from the big graph, you will find most of the info you are used to seeing.  However, sleep % seems to be no longer available and I miss that.  Another thing I MISS  is on the graph that shows the nite info, there is no way to find out what time(s) the awake/restless times occur. 

Gail Thompson gailtdx@gmail.com

Best Answer

I upgraded my tracker barely a year ago, to monitor sleep patterns. They took the comprehensive graphs away from us. Sounds like bait-and-switch-type salesmanship. I guess they want us to upgrade to a more expensive model in order to have what we used to have.  They've lost customers due to their deception, including me. 

Best Answer
I agree: I miss all the information that is no longer available. Frankly,
the most important aspect of my Fitbit was the sleep data that's no longer
available. (I have a sleep disorder plus sleep apnea.)

This seems to be an example of "progress" marching on ;-).
Best Answer
I agree: I miss all the information that is no longer available. Frankly,
the most important aspect of my Fitbit was the sleep data that's no longer
available. (I have a sleep disorder plus sleep apnea.)

This seems to be an example of "progress" marching on ;-).
Best Answer
I have come up with the answer as to why they don't leave alone something
that works. To keep their jobs, they have to come up with something,
hopefully better. Then they have to wait for us to get used to the changes.
It seems to happen with all computer aspects. I dread the days when I log
off my computer, when it takes a while to shut down to downloading new
features. Then we have to go thru a learning curve AGAIN. For instance, do
you remember when you could highlight a section of an email and print out
just what you need, not the whole thing. That feature seems to be gone for
good.
Best Answer
When my Fitbit "goes", I'm not upgrading or replacing it. After all, the
company may, again, switch the information display.

The main reason I have or use my Fitbit is to track my sleep; there are
other devices to choose from; I'll go elsewhere.
Best Answer

Agreed the changes suck. Fitbit seems to have chosen bold graphics over content (as so often happens), probably to ease mobile device functionality. Bah humbug!

In case anyone at Fitbit reads this -- say, that young developer who needs to change some bit of code in order to keep their job -- bring back the stacked sleep pattern display, so I can see trends in my sleep patterns over time, preferably a time segment I select, but at least a week. And add a clock to the nightly sleep pattern display. The old one wasn't great, but it was something.

Best Answer

Agree.  It's built-in obsolescence.  If everyone was satisfied with the current product, the company would lose sales revenue and go out of business.

Best Answer

You may add my name to the x-customer list.  After buying 3 for myself, and two (they do not last a long time) for my wife! The sleep monitoring program has been changed and it really sucks!  Many times, old is much better!  This is not even beta. I have Sleep Apnea and must monitor my nights activity.  This new program is worthless.  NO MORE FIT BIT'S!!

Best Answer
Granted I was one of the first to complain, but now that I found the hidden
stuff (from the monthly summary graph, scroll down) it is not so
bad...however, I DO prefer the old format. The major thing that is missing
for me is on the sleep/awake graph, it does not tell you what time the
awake/restless times are. However, the percent sleep which is what I missed
originally, I have figured out a way to calculate that myself. Determine
the total time in bed and then subtract the total time awake/sleep (that is
given) from total time in bed. Then divide that (time asleep) by the total
time in bed for the percent. Again I so prefer the old format also! Good
Luck.gailfaith
Best Answer

Not keen either - being an old fogey, I thought the change was due to user error, but now I see that the changes were planned. Hmm. Used to be obvious listing of wake and sleep and this was useful for me, but no longer as easy. Shan't renew my FB when it eventually goes pear-shaped. Change for the sake of change is not always a good plan.

Best Answer
Like you, I'm fed up with change for the sake of change ESPECIALLY when the
change is not an improvement.

By contrast, it the change had been from what we have now to what we USED
to have, it would have been a wonderful change.

I can only dream....
Best Answer
Like you, I'm fed up with change for the sake of change ESPECIALLY when the
change is not an improvement.

By contrast, it the change had been from what we have now to what we USED
to have, it would have been a wonderful change.

I can only dream....
Best Answer

My sleep changed last night to include 'stages', and as far as I can see, it's now a load of nonsense.

I've been wearing a Fitbit now for just over two years, and on average throughout that time my sleep has been around 210-240 minutes a night (I'm a terrible sleeper, I know!). I think the record I've had in the past two years has been about five and a half hours, and I usually get around 50% of my time in bed recorded as being asleep.

This morning when I looked at it, it has changed to stages and says I was asleep for over nine hours. I was only in bed for nine and a half hours! Complete rubbish.

Best Answer

They moved the sleep percentage to Premium.  if you want to see it, you have to pay now.  We pay good money for the Fitbit and now they want more.  I loved checking on how well I slept and it is stupid to have to pay extra for the sleep percentage data, which is part of the reason I bought the Fitbit in the first place.  

Best Answer
Well, isn’t that special!? I repeat - that’s "bait and switch" salesmanship. I don’t like being cheated, but what can we do, other than dumping fitbit, and passing the word.
Best Answer

Thanks for telling us where the information went. I have missed it.

I can understand that the company has to find revenue streams.  I don't plan to sign up for premium, however.

Best Answer

Sleep switched to Premium?  Greed marches on!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

I agree completely.  This down grade is not the way to treat customers.  I am going to start looking for another device.

Best Answer