Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heart rate while sleeping

Greetings. For a long time, since I got my Fitbit One several years ago, I never paid much attention to the sleep tracking part of the value we pay for. 

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/2016/05/transcript-the-sleep-smarter-book/

I was listening to this podcast - and there was a mention of looking at those intervals when you were "restless" and seeing what your heart rate was during those times to determine if something more serious might be going on. If Greenfield is to be trusted, although he didn't use a fitbit to tell him, we could actually (if we have an HR part to our fitbit, like I do now with the Charge HR) look at those times of insomnia and see what our heart rate was immediately prior to that as a potential clue to something that may need to be addressed. In Greenfield's case, it was parasite's that he got from swallowing bad water during a triathlon. 

The only question is if the premium section will show heart rate while sleeping....

I just thought that it might be helpful, as I never thought to look at my heart rate while I was sleeping. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I just compare my nighttime HR plot to my sleep plot; granted each point on the nighttime HR plot represents an average of the previous five minutes, but it does seem to be accurate enough for me (I suffer from severe sleep apnea, mostly controlled by a CPAP device).20160531-HRPlot.png

20160531-SleepPlot.png

Best Answer

There are places on my heart rate a night that are disconnected for 10 min or so. Wondering if thats a Fitbit issue or am I really not breathing? Hence..sleep apnea. I have dr. Appt next week. Just curious.

Best Answer
0 Votes