Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sleep tracking changed during day

I have an Alta HR and a Zip that I wear as a secondary one when I don't want a watch on my wrist.

This morning, my sleep log said something like 8 or so hours, showing me falling asleep at 12:04am and waking around 8:30. In the app it showed all my sleep stages as normal.

I just got home, having switched to my Zip this morning when I got dressed, and my sleep lot changed. Now, it's showing I woke up at 10:30am! And I absolutely did not. It also no longer shows the sleep stages, instead showing the sleep log like my old Alta did--just restless or awake.

It makes no sense why it changed completely the *type* of log and added 2 hours to my sleep that I didn't get. It absolutely showed correctly earlier today. Also, 10:30am isn't even the time I changed from the Alta HR to the Zip (which was earlier in the morning), so I don't see how that's the culprit.

Any idea what happened? How do I get my sleep stage log back from last night? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I DO understand what you are saying. I use an AltaHR and a flex 2 and have the same problem when I switch trackers at the moment (didnt use to). I think it is part of the multi tracker problem there is at the moment (affecting flex 2 and alta HR among others). Once my app decides that the Alta HR was recording sleep while it was off my wrist (even though I was swimming at the time), the sleep log reverts to the old sleep pattern. It doesnt matter if I then delete the wrong sleep time, it wont revert  the stages it showed earlier.  There is nothing you can do until the problem is fixed. So hang in there, once the problem is fixed it should all work again.😀

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting! Well, I'm kind of glad to know I'm not the only one. 🙂 So far I haven't had it happen again, probably because I haven't switched to my Zip close to wake up time, so it must know "hey she's really still awake". Fingers crossed it'll be all fixed up soon for us multi-FitBit folks!

Best Answer
0 Votes