Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vivid dreams

I started using a Charge 2 about a month ago. Started having vivid dreams and now nightmares. I don't usually have these. Has anyone else experienced this?

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

I doubt the Fitbit is causing it.

See these articles

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/27/dream-meaning-health-dreams_n_2957121.html

https://www.amerisleep.com/blog/5-reasons-why-youre-having-weird-dreams/

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also try not wearing it to bed and see what happens

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. I have stopped wearing it to bed. Today I moved it into the kitchen as the nightmares continued.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not sure about fitbit, but I got a Garmin Vivosmart 3  and just about a week into wearing it to track my sleep, I started having very vivid dreams. Normally, I don’t have any dreams I can remember. Now, these dreams are turning into very stressful nightmares. I think strongly that it has something to do with the device. I will try not wearing it for. And see what happens.

Best Answer

I got my fitbit hr two years ago and started having vivid crazy dreams and nightmares every time I wore the fitbit to bed. I then stopped wearing it and the dreams stopped. I recently found it and thought I would give it another go and wore it for the first time last night. The dreams returned hence googling to see if there are other reports on this and found your post I certainly believe the fitbit is responsible .

Best Answer

I stopped using my fitbit he two years ago due to vivid dreams and nightmares.  I recently thought I would give it another go and they have started again . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is 12:22 at night and just woke up for the second night in a row from a crazy nightmare and this is the second time I have worn this to bed. When I woke up it was the first thing I thought of was to take it off. I’m not sleeping with this anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Heather, It is quite worrying and think more research into fitbit and  dreaming needs to be done. I know plenty of people who have fitbits and don't have the dreams so it seems it is only a few of us affected this way. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

I started using my fitbit alta HR 10 days ago. I've had very vivid dreams, and in almost all cases nightmares, 7 out of 10 days. I NEVER remember dreams, and may have a nightmare I remember once every couple of years. I can recount all the nightmares during the last week with precise detail. I searched google to see if I was the only one experiencing this, and clearly I am not.

I will continue to use and then stop use if this persists. It is difficult to theorize what in the Fitbit device might be causing this.

Best Answer
Hi , Fitbit' s response to me was not to wear it at night! I have found that even if i wear in the day but take it off at night I still dream but the dreams are not as vivid and like you I am not usually a vivid dreamer.I wish they would do some research on this. I don't suffer with headaches but some people are suffering with migraines when wearing so it seems to me that wearing the fitbit triggers something in certain peoples brains and if I wear the R&D department at fitbit I would want to find out what could be doing this. I do not know how to get Fitbit to take this as a serious side effect or to to find out how many people this affects or if something is awry with our brains!!Salegh

Best Answer
Thank you Salegh. I agree with you that more research needs to be done. It’s either some type of electromagnetic frequency that messes with the brain or potentially, the light emitted by the heart rate monitor if the device is not perfectly glued to the skin. It could be psychological, but I truly doubt it. Either way, I will keep evaluating and will post any updates.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had a nightmares a few days ago. But I solved this problem successfuly. Try to read this: https://sleepmentor.net/how-to-get-rid-of-bad-dreams/

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you'd like to see if it's psychomatic, try wearing your FB when the battery's dead.  

Of course, it's not really a fair trial unless you don't know if the battery is out of charge or not.  But I don't see offhand how wearing a wrist device would affect your dreaming.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nasacpa wrote:

If you'd like to see if it's psychomatic, try wearing your FB when the battery's dead.

Of course, it's not really a fair trial unless you don't know if the battery is out of charge or not.  But I don't see offhand how wearing a wrist device would affect your dreaming.

That's an interesting idea, to test the placebo effect.

I'm not the biggest fan of nightmares, but vivid dreams I take as a positive processing of mental/emotional material. Wish I had more dreams, maybe I need to wear two fitbits to bed?. 🙂

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
Hi
I will give that a go. It is a weird concept I agree but wearing the charged fitbit hr certainly does trigger the dreaming.
S

Best Answer
0 Votes

The mind is a powerful thing, and capable of playing many tricks on us.  

You can try sleeping with a dead FB, but if you KNOW it's dead, that may well affect your experiment's results.  If you're really interested in finding out the truth, you'd have to find someway to use a placebo.  I don't know if it's possible to access your FB via computer, and turn it off, but if so, and you have a family member around, you could try that.  

But it really comes down to what works for you in this instance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

I still get very lucid dreams, intermittently. I firmly believe it is due to the flashing light pulses from the heart rate monitor. If the device is not perfectly glued to the skin (I wear it more loose to bed) and you happen to have your Fitbit hand close to your eyes while you sleep, it's easy to see how the flashing lights could affect your sleep. It is easy to see the pulsating, green lights at night. From what I've researched, it is well documented that flashing, high frequency lights cause lucid dreams. This is my strongest hypothesis thus far.

See below for one simple reference to light flashes causing lucid dreams, searches in google constantly reference this technique.

https://lucid.fandom.com/wiki/Light_Initiated_Lucid_Dream

Best Answer
Thank you for this, I am going to try again with the fitbit on tighter as I did loosen it at night too. I do tend to sleep with my arms high too so this does seem a plausible explanation .
Salegh

Best Answer

Thanks for drawing a good topic. I become so tired from a few days and become a hunt for sleep talk. I don't know what happened to me just going to sleep and shout. After sometimes my wife called me and I don't go to sleep whole night. Kindly someone gives me release from it.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes