Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Hours is Too Much Sleep?

My sleep profile says I sleep 7 hours and 19 min and that is above the ideal range and therefore not ideal. The recommended amount of sleep is 7-9 hours. How and why is the low end of that considered too high to be ideal for the sleep profile? Including screenshot

Side note, I contacted chat twice regarding the issue. First time they didn't understand what I was saying and was trying to actually troubleshoot my watch, which is reporting the correct info. Tried to send a screenshot, wouldn't work, chat disconnected. Second time agent gave me something to try to fix the screenshot issue which caused the chat to end again and they can't connect you to a previous chat so I just gave up and came here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Apparently even though there is an option to add screenshots here it doesn't work either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense.  I have always heard eight hours is optimal.  

Best Answer

@Amont I wonder if your sleep goal is set correctly. If you tap the Sleep tile in the Today screen of the Fitbit app and then the Settings gear on the upper right, you can check you sleep goal and change it if necessary. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is set to seven hours and has been. That's what support suggested to check as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes