Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any others wake super early?

This has been a bit of a torture for me, I wake every morning 7 days per week between 4-5am usually.  And when I wake that is me, no going back to sleep.  

It doesn't matter if I go to bed at 9pm or 2am I will wake same time.

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Wow, that's very interesting @mickjam, I love historical facts like these! Sounds like a interesting thing to try out. 😀

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I try to be in bed by 10pm as often as possible.  Not necessarily asleep right away. I wake up between 3am and 4am. 

My problem sleeping developed because I work "on call" covering a 24hr window.  I've been doing this for years so I'm programmed to be a light sleeper.  When it happens I'll get up,  have a bowl of cereal, watch some news I've recorded, then back to bed.  I call this a reboot.  It works most times to get a little extra sleep. I can get an extra hour or two.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing @Steelwheels

It's very interesting to see how the body adjusts itself according to out daily activities, it's true that we do develop a light or deep sleep, depending on what we do for a living or what we do for most of our days. 😱

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was an article about changing "night owl" sleep habits to "morning person" in the New York Times recently. I think it's a good article. It will take time but it's worth it.

Here's the link:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/16/smarter-living/night-owl-sleep-guide.html?action=click&module=Rel...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing this information @BruceM😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've since moved to a tropical climate and have started waking around 5am.I started waking early as I needed to have my medication before breakfast, but now my body responds with 'Bing! That's it for you!'.

Getting up early allows me to do the hard chores around the house (jogs included!) before the heat of the day starts. Having time that most people still spend in bed is precious - seeing the sunrise colours, hearing the birds waking up, having a peaceful coffee in the pool...whatever floats your boat and gives You Time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, frustrated, discouraged...been really trying with all kinds of things suggested, nothing works.  However, I'm just a short sleeper.  I read an interesting article on SSS, short sleep syndrome, they have identified a gene, hereditary.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know the feeling @nottelling , tropical weather can be difficult, even more reason to wake up early and enjoy the first few hours before the heat, plus you're able to do a lot more things around the house 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes