Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you tracking sleep every night?

I'd like to hear your experience in regards to sleep tracking. I try to wear my Versa every night, following my sleep scheduleI don't use sensitive sleep settings on my watch since sometimes I move a lot at night and I don't like to see extra restless or awake time in the morning.

Some other night I remove my watch from my wrist before going to bed just to give a rest to my arms. I'd like to hear about your experience on how you're tracking your sleep. Do you track it every single night or do you prefer to track sleep on specific days of the week?

I've been improving my sleep habits since I'm aware of different things that can help me to have a better sleep score. 😊

YojanaFitbit_0-1640053469337.jpeg

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

NOPE and never will, because the HR monitor does my absolute nut in (inspire2), which is annoying as that's the bit I'm interested in.

Tried it one night and just couldn't deal with it constantly blinding me.

and because it randomly tries to find a heart beat during the night I have to keep it in a closed box.  I would turn the hr monitor off but i'd forget to turn it back on again, seems unnecessary when I already know my sleep pattern is **ahem** and won't change any time soon - age does not come alone.

Best Answer

@jigglyjawa If you were getting blinded by the LEDs on the underside of the device, it sounds like it was too loose. It should be snug yet comfortable. I can barely see my red and green LEDs when I go to bed. I would have to lift up on my watch to pull it away from my wrist for it to be bright.

Best Answer

I am very frustrated that my Charge 5 only keeps track of my sleep until I get up to use the restroom. Why does it not recognize that I have gone back to bed and back to sleep. My fitbit is not on sensitive.

Thank you.

Best Answer

I track my sleep every night. I find it keeps me motivated to get a good sleep score. I've also added a sleeping mask, and sleeping supplements, plus sleep sounds. They've worked great. Still working on reading and disconnecting every night. Those are tough. 

Best Answer

Yes but my Charge 5 doesn't seem to know when I'm asleep and when I'm not.  Still in the first week so hoping it will figure it out soon, checked my settings and I'm on normal, not sensitive.

Best Answer

It's mostly correct on my Sense. It only gets confused when you take the watch off and rest it somewhere. It sometimes classifies that as sleep but you can manually edit the sleep duration record. 

Best Answer

I like to track my sleep, however, my  fitbit has not been tracking it lately. I wear it every nite, but i just get a message - wear your fitbit. any one else have this issue?

Best Answer

I sometimes have an irregular heart rate and it effects my sleep readings. I also look at the Health Metrics and sometimes the data is too unstable to get a good reading.

Best Answer

Hello there, 

I’ve worn my Fitbit for the past three weeks consistently. I’ve noticed this week though that my Sleep Score has only been logged twice. Is there something I am doing wrong as I’d like to see consistency there. 

thanks in advance for your help. 

Best Answer

Since I got a newer mattress, plus no late night coffee I sleep 5 to 7 hours

Best Answer

Been a Fitbit user since 2015 -  Retired 2017- 68 years old - No caffein after 2 pm, one alcohol drink per night -  60 oz water per day,   SLEEP:  30mils Non Alcohol ZZZquil  + 5 mg melatonin after 1am, Low Carb/High Protein diet - Wellness blood tests every 3 months -  Sleep ranges from 5 to 8 hrs - 2+ 24min - 43 min  naps a week  PS 5hr sleep nights is when I have diabetic dog duty, who wears Libreview sensor. 

Best Answer

I think fitbit determines sleep based on lowered heartbeat rate and lack of movement. I can go to a movie and just because I'm at rest and not moving around fitbit thinks I'm asleep for about 2 hours. In the app open the Heart bpm, go down to This Week, tap on Today or select a day, and you will see a graph of the daily heart rate. It can be very interesting.

Best Answer

Yes, that is why I came on to find out why my Fitbit stopped recording my sleep. Has not been recording since Tuesday. 

Why O Why

yes and i want to know why too.

Best Answer

I've been trying to, but unfortunately my Versa 2 isn't doing it properly. Some nights I get no sleep data (no REM, deep sleep, etc) and it will not give me a Sleep Score. Other nights it does. But honestly, it works maybe 1/4 of the time. I've had it for over a month and I don't have a Sleep Profile yet because its not logged the required 14 nights...

Support hasn't been able to help me as of yet either. I'm beginning to wonder if I received a lemon  😞 

Best Answer

Hi @Doppelganger  - have you tried restarting the watch and usefully the phone too?

Sleep generally records well if your sleep meets the criteria.

Logout of the Fitbit App and login, then in the sleep tile, click on why it matters in the what's sleep score? section. It gives you loads more information.

Also see how your rate is doing during sleep.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thanks for the response. Since this post, I again tried restarting the device and then I changed my sensitivity to "sensitive". This seems to have helped greatly, and I am getting far more sleep scores now. The odds of getting a legit sleep score have reversed for the better. 

Best Answer

It used to, until two nights ago. What gives?

Best Answer

Mine too. No sleep score or tracking for two nights in a row. Have a Fitbit Charge 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm thinking its something with their system the last two nights. Suddenly I haven't gotten the last two nights either. I am seeing many people with the same! Come on Fitbit...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I use a watch for that, my fitbit is the base one model, starsand walking.

Stewart
Best Answer
0 Votes