Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you tracking sleep every night?

I'd like to hear your experience in regards to sleep tracking. I try to wear my Versa every night, following my sleep scheduleI don't use sensitive sleep settings on my watch since sometimes I move a lot at night and I don't like to see extra restless or awake time in the morning.

Some other night I remove my watch from my wrist before going to bed just to give a rest to my arms. I'd like to hear about your experience on how you're tracking your sleep. Do you track it every single night or do you prefer to track sleep on specific days of the week?

I've been improving my sleep habits since I'm aware of different things that can help me to have a better sleep score. 😊

YojanaFitbit_0-1640053469337.jpeg

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

I wear this fitbit all day everyday and night until I need to charge it. I love looking at the app every morning to see if I got better sleep than the night before.

Best Answer

I have a new Charge 5 and even with sensitive sleep tracking I still have to manually enter sleep times every single night. It does not detect sleep or waking at all. Dozens of Reddit posters report the same issue. This is serious problem for people who are trying to get help from this device for sleep.

Best Answer
My Sense 1 did not push sleep data or steps to my iPhone today. Is there an Apple of Fitbit software upgrade?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish there was a way to add/group/compare conditions that might effect sleep.

Not sleeping in your normally slept in bedroom

Alcohol consumed

Exercised more than normal
Best Answer
0 Votes
When this happens, I find it helps to reboot the device.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
How do I reboot my sense? No data is pushed to my iPhone in the last 2 days
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mpharr2 - push and hold the button for 10 seconds, till it vibrates and the logo appears to restart it.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you - Back up
Best Answer

I've had my Inspire 3 for 10 days and have tracked my sleep every night so far.  I plan to continue until I get a sleep score and then will probably stop.  The data is fun to look at but I'm not sure how I would use it.  My habits are pretty consistent in that I go to bed every night around 11 and get up generally a little after 7.  The data says I am typically awake 3 times (which includes before I fall asleep) and am "restless" around 15 times.  I have had 2 nights when I was only restless 7 or 8 times but I didn't feel any different the next day than I did on the days when I was restless twice as much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awake only 3 times? Or 3% of the time? Also, restlessness is scored in percentage so do you mean 7 or 8%? Personally, I've been doing my sleep tracking since December 2021 and find the information very helpful to objectively gauge my sleep for the day or week. Plus I like comparing to my own averages and the benchmarks. And if I had only a fair rating one night, I try to make up with a good one the following. Here's what my awake and restlessness looked like for last night.

Screenshot_20230301-074119.pngScreenshot_20230301-074151.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish sleep tracking allowed the addition of variables that can effect sleep

Sleeping in normal bed - Sleeping in another bed/ - Alcohol before bed - Zquil before bed - More exercise than normal ect That way user could group variables.
Best Answer

"Awake only 3 times? Or 3% of the time? Also, restlessness is scored in percentage so do you mean 7 or 8%?"

For last night it says "2 times awake, 7 times restless, 21 min awake/restless"  My worst night since I've been tracking was 5 times awake, 22 times restless, 47 min awake/restless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lmacmil 47 minutes of awake/restlessness isn't too bad. I wonder how that is compared to men in your age range. I just realized, are you getting the number of times awake with the sleep stage graph?Screenshot_20230301-110159.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

No all I get is the bar graph showing awake and restless. I don't know how to get the sleep state graph. I haven't worn it for 14 days yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It sounds like you are getting a basic report, what I usually see for
short duration sleep when it lacks sufficient data. Longer duration sleep
displays a graph showing Awake, Rem, Light, and Deep.
Best Answer

I'm sleeping for 8 hours every night.  I wouldn't expect that to be "short duration."  Oh well...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got sense 2 . It has a sleep schedule that seems to need to be changed every night .  Logged me as asleep for 18hrs whilst awake but no SLEEP data logged on first day . Used the app sleep now option last night and got some data . Just changed it to sensitive . This SHOULD be SMART enough to know when you are in bed asleep and stat it with out telling it . Very sad with fit bit again . More expensive land fill !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner  - the watch sleep schedule is to put the watch to sleep so that it doesn't wake you in the night with notifications or bright screen when moving in your sleep.

Try restarting the watch which generally does a good job automatically recording the correct sleep patterns.

May be a restart can help. How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't get a sleep score until I had worn it 12 nights. I was using the
app to start sleep tracking but now I don't bother and it's giving me a
score each night.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ll have to restart it. I have had to manually enter my sleep logs for the last two nights.
Best Answer
0 Votes