Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awake period vs distinct sleep

ANSWERED

One sleep

Two sleeps

Red sleep

Blue sleep

What's the cut-off between an "awake" period and a distinct sleep event? The other night I got this disaster (I have a 2-year old who needed to hang out in the kitchen, eat raspberries, and talk about animals at the zoo for nearly 2 hours... don't judge):

sleeps.png

Which made me wonder how long I need to be awake for it to be counted as a completely separate sleep, not one sleep with a wakeful period.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It does not have to be long to count as a seperate sleep event. I was up long enough to take the puppy out to potty (about 10 minutes) and it registered 2 seperate sessions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It does not have to be long to count as a seperate sleep event. I was up long enough to take the puppy out to potty (about 10 minutes) and it registered 2 seperate sessions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

10  minutes? That seems like a very short timeframe. Interesting... I wonder if it is different if you sent your sleep tracking to sensitive vs regular.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably not 

@lillielil wrote:

10  minutes? That seems like a very short timeframe. Interesting... I wonder if it is different if you sent your sleep tracking to sensitive vs regular.

Best Answer
0 Votes