Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benchmark or goal?

ANSWERED

The benchmark data is great, but I can't help wondering whether it's just an average of data collected by Fitbit users, or a recommended amount of sleep by sleep type?

I can't imagine being awake 1/5  of the night is healthy for any age or gender. 

2019-10-19 07.41.04.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Chardy19,

The benchmarks aren't numbers from Fitbit, but from sleep studies from the National Institutes of Health. They are a comparison to others your age range and gender, and not really recommended amounts. So it's just a comparison to other people.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Chardy19,

The benchmarks aren't numbers from Fitbit, but from sleep studies from the National Institutes of Health. They are a comparison to others your age range and gender, and not really recommended amounts. So it's just a comparison to other people.

Dave | California

Best Answer

@WavyDavey Thanks! In my business we create our own benchmarks from historical data. I think people are taking these as "good" but they're just "average".  

Best Answer

You're welcome. If you read this article, under the Source link, it lists the study the benchmarks came from.

Dave | California

Best Answer

My sleep goal is to sleep in each of the best hotels in the world, on those pretty beds. Quite interesting challenge, you know. Who's with me? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes