Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breathing Data not recorded on the Fitbit App

Since the update I have only received 2 Breathing Rate readings in my app.  One of those looked normal and the other was "0"..  All other readings seem to be recording ok.  Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
96 REPLIES 96

Thanks Matty70. I would have preferred a "reset" but I can only "Delete". I'll wait with that option a while to see if the data gets back in some other mysterious way 🙂

Best Answer

Yes, there is no reset, sorry.  To me reset and delete are the same in this scenario. But if u have no data showing (as I did) you will delete the nothing. That to me may have trigerred the data collection to start, but again just an assumption. It's true tho that since  then I have lost only one day out of 6. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Couldn't resist trying it... 😉 Deleted yesterdays HRV-data. Now I cannot open "Health metrics" at all. Sigh... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's probably a cache issues, nothing to do with Fitbit. I bet if u close your browser and log in again it will work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It finally started working for me in the last two days. 😯  Now if only the blank Heart rate variability would work...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here it started working 4 days ago for both HRV and Breathing Rate. Before that I only had a few readings, sometimes BR, sometimes HRV, sometimes both and sometimes nothing. No clue why, i didn't change any settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matty70> That's probably a cache issues, nothing to do with Fitbit. I bet if u close your browser and log in again it will work.

Hmm, I don't seem to find Health metrics in the "browser version"?! Only in the app and there nothing happens when I click on it. Had a long chat with support where we re-installed the app on the phone etc but we never got it to work. Now I'm awaiting an e-mail from next level of support. Or that it suddenly starts to work again, as it seems to be with Fitbit stuff....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hallo Hajo, in all my posts about reseting/deleting the BR metrics I was referring  to the online dashboard and I thought you were following my instructions to reach it. I assumed you were loging into your account on line. That's what "browser version"  means,  Never said to do it in the app. The app is just the tool to see on your mobile the data stored on line ok? You need to go to www.Fitbit.com and access the dashboard using the same credentials you use to access the app. If you have done this, the setting you need to go to will be on the top right of the screen, next to your profile pic (if any) and the message icon. Then you just follow the instructions of my previous post. regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matty70, Maybe we are just talking past another (English is not my mother tongue 🙂 ). The deletion I did in the browser as you told me and I have no problems going back in there again. The problem is that I now cannot open "Health metrics" in the phone app, i.e. I cannot see if the deletion helped or not so to speak. "Health metrics" I cannot find in the browser version. Had hoped to be able to do that in order to see if it's just the app that's messed up.

Sorry, didn't mean to steal this thread...

Best Answer

Ok I m with you. I can't answer why the app doesn't work. But the health metrics is available on line. I have attached a screenshot, u need again to look at my previous post with instruction. Yet if u don't see it, it could be a cache issue with your browser (see my previous commment). Try to delete the cache from cookies etc. If nothing works, customer service will help you, regards.

7FC42D1E-7118-4B05-9572-FE2F2A8CF4EB.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again, what I see in your screen shot I can also see online and that's where I deleted one day of HRV data in order to see if that would trigger something.

In the app you have the tile "Health metrics", which doesn't work for me since then. I would like to have been able to find the same tile online to see if it works there. But I cannot find it online....

20210212_105338.jpg

🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would reinstall the app tbh with you - or simply remove such tile from from the panel in the app and then put it back. That tile doesn't exist on line you are right, because the data displayed there are scattered across the website. But what you did online has no impact on that tile or the same thing would have happened to me when I had deleted my BR data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app has been reinstalled, the phone and clock has been restarted, and 100 other things 🙂 We'll see what 2nd line support comes up with, and when... I suppose the underlaying reason is the, as I've understood it from the forum messages, very fragile and unstable Fitbit environment. 

Thanks for confirming that the "Health metrics" tile is not available online. The UI is not that easy and obvious to navigate as one would have wished.

I'm going to give my Fitbit to my wife now, this is too unstable and I'm in dire need of this data due to different reasons. I'm going back to my Garmin environment also in regards to "health". I have all my training activities there since decades. I prefer their problems in this area, which they have. At least I can stick to one app. And then pick the HRV from HRV4Training. More cumbersome but...

Best Answer

Hello everyone! @hajo71 it's great to see you around! @Matty70 I'm glad to see you around and thanks for your input! 

@hajo71 I'm very sorry for the experience and thanks for the steps you've followed!  I was informed by the Support Team that you contacted them and our team is currently reviewing your case. They mentioned they will follow up with you soon so I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox since you should receive an email shortly. 

Have a great day!

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @WilsonFitbit I hope we can come to a quick resolution, since I really like my Charge 4 and would like to continue to using it (and then you'll get an extra clock sold since my wife now wants one)  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @WilsonFitbit ! Hopefully it will be sorted @hajo71 . If ur spare few mins @WilsonFitbit  my BR data although are more consistent now, it's fair to say that 2 days out of 7 they are not logged - before it was no data whatsoever, therefore it's a big improvement. Anyway, it doesn't seem to be a software issue, any thoughts? Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately BR data has stopped working again. I have enough. @WilsonFitbit  I think it's hilarious that the sense which is not cheap has so many bugs. I am not changing it only because I would have to copy all the data to a new provider but definitely I am not going to recommend it. 

Best Answer

@Matty70, it's great to see you around! 

I am very sorry for the experience. Since the inconvenience has persisted, the best way to get help is to contact our Support Team. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. Please make sure to explain the situation and the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can help you from there. 

As a reminder, note that if you don't have a Premium subscription, you're only able to see up to 7 days of historical data. To see more historical data, a Premium membership is needed. In addition, the Health Metrics tile will show your data as long as you're located in a supported country.

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I contact it via chat and they move it to next level. we will see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Matty70, thanks for reaching out our Customer Support team! 

Our support team also confirmed that you contacted them via chat. They will be working on your case and I hope a resolution can be found soon. If you have questions about the outcome of your case or any other inquiries, I recommend updating your case so our team can continue assisting.  

@hajo71 I was also informed that our support team worked on your case. If you still have additional inquiries, please make sure to update your case. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer