Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit Sense measure blood pressure?

ANSWERED

Can we measure Blood Pressure by Fitbit Sense

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, no current Fitbit model is able to measure blood pressure.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

No, no current Fitbit model is able to measure blood pressure.

Best Answer

I tried a tracker that ***supposedly*** measured blood pressure using light.  The readings were on the low side.  If you want/need accuracy, I'd recommend sticking with an actual cuff.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Technically its no fitbit model is currently authorized to measure blood pressure.  The study of Pulse Arrival Time (PAT) for blood pressure measurement announced did so for a select group of Sense owners.  I wasn't selected and don't know if they left any of the code on customer's Sense watches or if they even let the customers know the results measured.

Hopefully the results were good and the feature will rollout to some existing Fitbits.  Probably also need FDA approval.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sporting a Fitbit 5. What a great gadget, super happy! I've got medical complications, so the Fitbit 5 really is a plus. Its accuracy in detailing breathing, Sleep Pattern, Oxygen levels are really useful and 24/7. I think the ONLY thing missing on the Fitbit 5 is blood pressure!  it seems to be the one thing most doctors check first, so I am wondering why Fitbit, with all it's gadgetry, doesn't include it. Surely this can't be difficult? Can anyone update me on this?, as to why not?  For the rest, a very very happy user. 

MH 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's a whole thread on adding the feature back to track this.   It was a feature of earlier fitbit app software on android/ios to allow you to manually add the info to track this.  Their case for removing it makes no sense to most of us.  

A feature to allow you to sync with other blood pressure measuring devices has also been requested.  

They never made it clear what the results were of a study they did to have some fitbit devices measure this (PAT study)

Best Answer
0 Votes