Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it matter which wrist I wear my Charge HR on when I go to bed?

ANSWERED

Hi there, 

I am a fairly new FitBit user, and am still getting the hang of things.  I have what may be a silly question.  I looked through the discussions and couldn't find anything relevant.  If there is a thread going, I apologize in advance.  

During the day I wear my Charge HR on my non dominant (left) wrist.  I usually wear it on the same wrist at bedtime, but I noticed my sleep pattern hasn't been great, and I decided to try wearing it on the opposite wrist to see if there was a difference.   Usually I am restless up to 35 times a night.  When I wear it on my other wrist, I am only restless less than 10 times a night.  

Bottom line is, does it matter which wrist it is worn on during sleep??

Thanks in advance!

Sheri

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sheri,

Some people switch to the dominant wrist at night just to give their skin a break, and others never change. It really doesn't matter what wrist you use, as long as you are consistent. Sleep readings are not exact, but if you compare readings from the same wrist over time, you'll see meaningful patterns.

Have you ever watched a dog move its paws while sleeping? Apparently you are doing some of that 😉

For this type of question, you might have gotten a quicker answer if you'd posted to the Help Forums. You can also type keywords in the Help Forum search box, and you'll get back lots of interesting reading.

Welcome to the FitBit community! If I've answered your question, please mark my post as a solution.

Best wishes,

Louise

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Sheri,

Some people switch to the dominant wrist at night just to give their skin a break, and others never change. It really doesn't matter what wrist you use, as long as you are consistent. Sleep readings are not exact, but if you compare readings from the same wrist over time, you'll see meaningful patterns.

Have you ever watched a dog move its paws while sleeping? Apparently you are doing some of that 😉

For this type of question, you might have gotten a quicker answer if you'd posted to the Help Forums. You can also type keywords in the Help Forum search box, and you'll get back lots of interesting reading.

Welcome to the FitBit community! If I've answered your question, please mark my post as a solution.

Best wishes,

Louise

Best Answer

I'm glad that you posted this here. I've started switching my Fitbit because I get red, dry patches on my skin for some reason (that didn't happen with my last Fitbit). I've noticed the same thing as you - when I wear it on my left wrist it shows that I'm much more restless than when I wear it on my right/dominant wrist.  Since it tracks movement, that tells me that I must move my left arm a lot when I sleep but not my right arm.  To me the tracking on the left is the more accurate - if I'm moving my arm a lot I'm probably not sleeping that deeply, no matter which wrist the Fitbit is on.

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

I am new at Fitbit. I started out wearing my Fitbit on my left, non-dominate, wrist. I just changed to my right wrist and will be looking forward to seeing any changes in my sleep reports.

Best Answer
0 Votes