Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evidence based research- sleep score

Dear FitBit,

Please release your academically tested evidence based research that supports your hypotheses relating to Sleep Score.

If rigorously tested evidence based research does not exist:

-please allow users (who paid a lot for their watches) to turn off this meaningless ‘feature’. 

-please confess that Sleep Score is nothing more than a poorly designed mathematical formula, with the output designed to encourage the purchase of FitBit Premium.

I trust the research will be rapidly provided since surely it exists, and a tech company would never rely on gimmicks and questionable marketing to enhance profits.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I completely agree, as a shift worker I liked the average weekly hours, if I was down at 6 hours on wednesday I knew I neeeded to catchup later on in the week.  The sleep score is completely useless if anything it could be detrimental to my health not having meaningful data.  Weekly average score '67' is absolutely meaningless, whoever thought this was a good idea needs to get a kick in the backside.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last week I had two very poor nights sleep, like 3% deep sleep, yet my sleep score was 86. And I felt unrested. So I know now that the numbers are truly incorrect & not scientifically anything.

Please provide a disable option!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes