Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing much lower benchmarks/worse sleep since the Sleep Score update?

Has anyone else been experiencing much lower benchmarks on their sleep stages since the newest Sleep Score update?

I'm trying to figure out what is causing my suddenly worse sleep, according to my FitBit graphs. I've noticed my REM sleep in particular taking a giant nosedive. I used to average around 17-18% REM sleep on average. That's on the lower end of the benchmark, so I have actively been trying to work on getting better sleep and doing things to improve my sleep quality. 

Since around the time the update happened, I have an overall REM sleep average of 14%, and there are many nights where the amount of REM sleep I get is too low for the app to even report a percentage. Could this have something to do with the update, or has my sleep just really gotten that bad? 😞 

I recently moved into a new apartment, and I thought that might be a factor as well. However, I have historically gotten amazing sleep & high REM percentage at my boyfriend's apartment. When I stayed with him 2 weeks ago, my benchmark scores were still just as abysmal. I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what else could possibly be causing my drop in scores. I realized that my overall sleep quality, according to fitbit, seems to have declined in correlation with the new update, so I'm checking in to see if it's just me or if anyone else has experienced something similar. I already went and checked to make sure my sleep sensitivity was set to "normal" instead of "sensitive", and it was. 

Thoughts? Thank you!

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

where do I go to check normal vs. sensitive sleep setting?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Old post. Never mind.

Best Answer
0 Votes