Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 not tracking afrernoon Nap

ANSWERED

Seems fitbit not tracking afternoon sleep or Nap.

Is there any setting need to ON.. i'm new user for FitBit.

Kindly suggest because other watch/band do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit will not auto-detect sleep of less than an hour.  You can still get credit for this on phone app:

Sleep Tile > "+" at top right > Begin Sleep Now

Then 'I'm Awake' when wake up, but will not get sleep stages or score with less than 3 hours sleep.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Fitbit will not auto-detect sleep of less than an hour.  You can still get credit for this on phone app:

Sleep Tile > "+" at top right > Begin Sleep Now

Then 'I'm Awake' when wake up, but will not get sleep stages or score with less than 3 hours sleep.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I'm trying to record my nap from this afternoon, but went to sleep after midnight and it not letting me have 2 sleep record for one day.   

Charge 5 

If I try to do what you suggested, my heart rate won't be accurate. I slept 3.5 hours and then I had a 2 hr nap this afternoon. ( Prior to now).. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scraw416 wrote:

I'm trying to record my nap from this afternoon, but went to sleep after midnight and it not letting me have 2 sleep record for one day.   

Charge 5 

If I try to do what you suggested, my heart rate won't be accurate. I slept 3.5 hours and then I had a 2 hr nap this afternoon. ( Prior to now).. 

First, going to sleep after midnight isn't the key.  It's what time you woke up.  Sleep is credited to the day you woke up.  Doesn't affect this case, but just for future reference.

So you should get 2 separate sleep sessions for today, but the 2 hr nap would not get sleep stages with less than 3 hours sleep so you would not get restoration graph with sleeping heart rate.  I haven't run into this situation lately but I expect if you got sleep stages with sleeping heart rate from your first 3.5 hr session, that will not be affected by you later nap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Sense records naps as little as 23 minutes many 40+ minutes naps If nap is over 60 minutes can/has effect night sleep 

Best Answer
0 Votes