Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa 2 isn't properly tracking sleep stages

My Versa 2 does not properly track my sleep. Some nights I get a Sleep Score and details like REM, Deep Sleep, and the various stages of sleep. But on most nights, I just get rudimentary data on a basic "sleep pattern" screen with no Sleep Score and no stages details. I have had it over a month and still don't have a Sleep Profile created, because it hasn't even properly logged 14 nights of sleep.

I've spoken to customer support a couple of times now with no good results. Here's what support has had me try that hasn't worked. I've tried restarting the device, resyncing to my phone, changing the sleep sensitivity from normal to sensitive, and tried moving the device farther up my arm a bit, away from the wrist bone. These haven't improved my results.

Has anyone else had these issues with Versa 2? Any recommendations or remedies, or maybe I just have a lemon device? Thank you! 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Haven't got an answer but I have the same issue so maybe not a lemon - or maybe two lemons!

Best Answer

Since this post, I've tried restarting the device and then switching the sensitivity setting to "sensitive". That seems to have helped greatly, and now I am getting far more sleep scores. 

Best Answer

I have had my Versa 2 for over a year with sleep data working fine.  However, last 2 nights, cannot get sleep data.  Restarted phone, restarted Fitbit watch twice, refreshed screen 3 times on phone.  Is fully charged & contacts are clean.  Haven't changed wrist position (is not too tight or too loose).  Just changed to Sensitive setting to try that.  All other Fitbit tracking is working as usual with no issues.  Very frustrating!

Best Answer

I have had my Versa for 2 years, I am experiencing the same sleep score problem, my husband is as well.  It has also been for the last 2 nights.  I am here searching if I am the only person with this issue.  Apparently, I am NOT.  Yes frustrating.  I'm wondering if it something to do with Fitbit proper, maybe they need to update their platform.  

Best Answer

My husband and I have had the same problems over the last two nights. He has the Sense and I have the Versa 2. Our sleep was not recorded the first night and only partially last night. The other functions seem to still be working. I don't understand two different devices at the same time.

Best Answer