Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting to the sleep data which is only on the phone app?

I've been following Fitbit's sleep functionality since Fitbit started building it, and I'm getting kind of cranky about Fitbit's unwillingness to actually give me access to my source data.

Take the heart rate data. I can use my finger and run it over my phone screen and it will tell me that at 12:04am my heartrate was 103bpm. In an excruciatingly manual process I could get a heart rate for every minute -- clearly the fitbit software KNOWS my data in order to populate the nifty graph, so why can't I get a text dump of two columns of data, timestamp and then heart rate? I wear a recording pulse oximeter, and I would love to be able to compare the data that the fitbit records on the same graph.

I can screenshot the itty bitty phone screen and put the graph in a draw program and draw and distort it and compare that way, but again this is very lame compared with just giving me the freaking numbers as text.

The one graph that is available in the desktop app is the sleep stages. Again, you can play manual games with the mouseover and touchscreens, but this is DATA it's not a video game! Clearly you could tell me every {start-time,end-time,sleep-stage} as rows and columns of text if you wanted to!

I've been a fitbit premium subscriber for years. Sure back when I was using the free level I didn't expect much. Sure when Fitbit was just starting up with the sleep data I didn't expect all the complete mature functionality right away. But it's been years, and I've spent hundreds of dollars on my devices and on premium subscriptions, and I expect more for my money after all these years...

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

do other smart watches offer this functionality?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Accessing sleep data on your phone app? Utilizing Copy English skills can also help navigate and interpret the data more effectively.

Best Answer
0 Votes