Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the sleep tracker driven anyone to insomnia?

I was very interested in getting the Flex to track my sleep.  Once I started seeing how much I was waking up and restless during the night, I had even more issues with sleeping.  I want to go back to tracking sleep but trying not to over-obsess about it is going to be a challenge.  Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Glad to see it's not just me. I become so obsessed with my sleep pattern that I can't even get to sleep. When I do finally get to sleep I'm waking up several times wondering how my sleep patterns been going. I'm considering taking it off at night just so that I don't have to worry about how I'm sleeping.

Best Answer

I was excited about getting the Fitbit in order to track my sleeping but become obsessed with it and now I can't sleep. I'm going to have to take it off at night in order to be able to sleep

Best Answer

Yes, I have obsessed over getting 4 hours a night!  I think the tracker actually buzzes on my wrist and disturbs my sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine lights up with the time when I turn my wrist.  I think that actually wakes me up, too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel my sleeping has decreased as well.  Just having that on my mind when I go to bed makes me feel like I'm trying too hard to get a good night's sleep.

Best Answer

I looked for a blog like this because, I too am thinking it's psychological with me.  

Best Answer

After all I've been seeing here, I definitely am taking my Fitbit off at night.   I bought it to track my sleep, but after two years, I see it is disrupting my sleep.  It's good for all daytime activities, though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you.  I'll take it off for the night from now on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lasted about a month for me now I do check it as soon as I wake up but it
doesn't keep me awake anymore
Best Answer
0 Votes
It only lasted about a month where it interfered with me actually falling
asleep. But that's the first thing I check in the morning
Best Answer

I always checked mine first thing in the morning.  For three days I haven't worn it to bed.  I still don't sleep very well, so maybe it isn't the Fitbit. 

@Leelah798 wrote:
It only lasted about a month where it interfered with me actually falling
asleep. But that's the first thing I check in the morning

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try wearing a wrist sweat band over it at night!!! having just thought of
it...I reckon I'll try it myself tonight, if I remember 😸😴
Best Answer
0 Votes