Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate dip during sleep

Can anyone tell me why my heart rate dips from 69-71 (sleeping heart rate) down to 52-55 for 20 minutes than back up to the 69-71 onward?

It seems to only happen on nights, when I only have 4-6 hours of sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

What does your sleep pattern look like during the dip?  How snug do you wear your Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

the dip was for 30 minutes. The first 1-2 minutes and slightly before was REM (69-73), the next 15 minutes was light sleep (58-60), the last 8-10 minutes was deep sleep (52-53)and ended with light sleep (71-73). Other than this period, I went through REM, light sleep and deep sleep, with no major dips like this (mainly 69-72)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not wear it that snug. Moves about 1-1.5 in on wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gguad wrote:

I do not wear it that snug. Moves about 1-1.5 in on wrist.

If it doesn't bother you too much, try snugging the band down so the tracker has very little movement on your wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gguad, welcome to the community forums! @shipo, I'm glad to see you around and thanks for your input! 

@Gguad, thanks for taking the time to report this! I would like that you please visit the following thread. Looks like this report is similar to the ones from this thread. If this is the case, here you will be able to see more information and updates. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes