Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Does Sleep Goal Affect Sleep Score?

ANSWERED

How does the sleep goal setting (in hours) affect the sleep score algorithm results? I have my sleep goal set for 7 hours, which is one hour less than the default 8 hour sleep goal.Given the same amount of sleep (deep and light), REM, and awakeness activity, will this goal setting increase my sleep score more than it would be if I had set the sleep goal to 8 or 9 hours?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kvetcher Idont believe it will change anything. As far as I am aware they are different and separate items

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Kvetcher Idont believe it will change anything. As far as I am aware they are different and separate items

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@Kvetcher   I agree with @NellyG.  Fitbit's Help article doesn't list sleep goal as one of the factors used in sleep score calculation.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

It actually does. My friends and I compare scores every morning and have played around with it.  
I originally had a sleep goal of 8 hours but since I never can reach that I switched it to 7 and my scores improved.  My friends found the same results. 

Best Answer