Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I plot out heart rate data for a sleep session

I am new (less than 1 week) to Fitbit. I have a Surge and was encouraged by my coworker to get a premium account.  With all that I can't figure out how to get a heart rate plot with an arbitrary start and stop time from the collected data.  I have looked in the main website client, and in the Android app, and although I have heart rate graphs for defined exercise sessions, I can't find a way to show them for sleep sessions, or for any arbitrary time period, e.g. sitting in meetings, etc.  Please point the way for me.  A thousand thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Doctari Welcome, you can create a Custom Activity and I called mine Surge Sleep HR. When you enter the data you will probably find on the PC you will need to enter the calories but on the Android it gives you the calories.

Just type the description into the Activity Log view and that will prompt you to create the activity.

If you do this analysis for other periods of the day it levels the calories over the time period and you may lose Active Minutes.

Here is a sleep example comparing my Charge HR and the Surge

Sleep surge charge.jpg

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I am new (less than 1 week) to Fitbit. I have a Surge and was encouraged by my coworker to get a premium account.  With all that I can't figure out how to get a heart rate plot with an arbitrary start and stop time from the collected data.  I have looked in the main website client, and in the Android app, and although I have heart rate graphs for defined exercise sessions, I can't find a way to show them for sleep sessions, or for any arbitrary time period, e.g. sitting in meetings, etc.  Please point the way for me.  A thousand thanks.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks very much.  I found where to create a custom activityand made one called Surge Sleep.  I will try to activate it tonight.  Great idea.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for keeping in touch. You say, you will activate it tonight. The Custom Activity is an "after the event/activity". It will only work if the data is there. Good plotting.
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Doctari To add to my earlier posts here is a link to another area where I showed how you can "home" in on a particular area of your HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes