Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you make sure you remember to put your fitbit into sleep mode?

ANSWERED
I'm really bad at remembering to track my sleep 🙂
Do any of you have things you do to help you remember to put your fitbit into sleep mode as you go to bed?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner  I put the Flex to sleep when I first sit on the bed, checking my alarm clock. That way it became part of my nightly routine.

In the morning, when I turn off the alarm, I wake up my Fitbit.

You'll find a way to make it work for you.

Welcome to the forums.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

@SunsetRunner  I put the Flex to sleep when I first sit on the bed, checking my alarm clock. That way it became part of my nightly routine.

In the morning, when I turn off the alarm, I wake up my Fitbit.

You'll find a way to make it work for you.

Welcome to the forums.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

HI, i been useing fitbit for 4 months now .I found if you go on the dashboard. you can put the time you go to sleep in .and  when you wake up that works best for me . hope this helps.

Best Answer

my fitrbit just goes to sleep when i stop moving .i dont do anything.

Best Answer

Mary, I do the same thing and I think this is the easiest.

My problem is when I bump my arm during the day, my band will go into sleep mode and I don't notice. The next morning it shows that I was in bed for 16 hours.Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

Thanks all  🙂
I'm glad to know you can also put the times in manually, I hadn't seen that!

Best Answer

@mary59 

Do you mean that it goes to sleep as in the screen turns off or that it starts the sleep activity mode?

One cannot get wet by the word water; they'd need to touch the water. One cannot get fit by merely thinking about exercise; they'd need to get up and do something.
Best Answer

when you stop moving  it goes in to sleep mode.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To be clear, does the fitbit ecosystem registers this period as a logged sleep cycle? Which model do you have? My unit doesn't do that.

One cannot get wet by the word water; they'd need to touch the water. One cannot get fit by merely thinking about exercise; they'd need to get up and do something.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I set a timer on my iPhone
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
I also set a timer to step in the morning with my buddies and group
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes
It goes to sleep when you stop moving .you put the time you go to bed in the computer  . and when u wake up .then it will tell you how you slept. That works for me.you dont have to set it just have it on when your sleeping. 
Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® III
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mary59 wrote:
It goes to sleep when you stop moving .you put the time you go to bed in the computer  . and when u wake up .then it will tell you how you slept. That works for me.you dont have to set it just have it on when your sleeping. 
Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® III

Thanks for your input @mary59 ! Just to clarify, it is true that if you wear your tracker to bed without activating sleep  mode, then manually log the hours you spent in bed on Fitbit.com, a sleep log will appear. If you want your log to appear when you sync, remember to activate sleep mode by following the instructions here

Emily | Community Moderator, Fitbit

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer

I take mine off my wrist and place it on my belt loop until I stop doing what causes the vibrations

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right before I go to bed I start my sleep mode on my iPhone. It has become a habit now and when I wake up I turn my alarm off and them hit my wake up on my iPhone.Hope this helps, just remember it will become a habit just like wanting to reach your other fitbit goals! Good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I usually end up forgetting and logging my sleep manually later.

Best Answer

I think I had me tracker on sleep all day.  I pushed the button so the light would go on and I put it into sleep mode.  Didn't have time to check it the rest of the day till the next day.  16 hours of disturbed sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @lynnbaum . If you have an erroneous sleep log recorded, you can definitely edit and/or delete it from your profile. Just go to Log > Sleep tab > "Click to edit" or "Click to delete" at the top right corner of the sleep log box. 

Emily | Community Moderator, Fitbit

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

I work shifts so I go to bed at all different times, sometimes at 07:30.  I have an app on my phone that puts my phone on silent when I plug it in to charge (so I don't get woken by PPI calls).  I have now got into a ritual of putting my watch on the side, phone and PS Vita onto charge and now, tap my Flex to enter sleep mode.

It is early days for me so I am still motivated to track my sleep, although it is slightly depressing seeing that I only had 3 hours sleep.

Best Answer