Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you make sure you remember to put your fitbit into sleep mode?

ANSWERED
I'm really bad at remembering to track my sleep 🙂
Do any of you have things you do to help you remember to put your fitbit into sleep mode as you go to bed?
Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

The other thing - if you lie awake and stare at the ceiling, you get credit for sleeping because you are not moving.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tap it as soon as I get in bed.  Tapping multiple times until you see the two lights (separate - not consecutive) will put the fitbit to sleep tracking.  I have my alarm set to wake me up on the fitbit so that when I wake up I'll tap it again to awake mode.

Best Answer

I've only had mine a couple of weeks, but I haven't had trouble remembering to turn sleep on and off. I'm sure the day will come when I will forget, though. Since I don't wear a wristwatch, I'm not used to having something on my wrist so until I get used to it, its presence is the only reminder I need.

One thing I've noticed -- if I'm pushing a shopping cart, the motion will sometimes put the tracker into sleep mode. Thankfully it vibrates to alert me so I can tap it to take it out of sleep mode.

Best Answer

Loving my Charge all I had to do was set up the sensitivity to track normal or sensitive and it does all the work. As soon as I lay still it goes into sleep mode by itself. After almost a week of tracking it seems to be pretty accurate.

Best Answer

Just after pulling up mu blanket, I set my Flex and One to sleep mode. Smiley Very Happy 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Hi, Odyssey13:  I use the same routine as you and it works for me quite well.  In addition, before I go to bed, I manually record my "asleep" time on a sheet of paper with the date and in the morning when I wake up I record my wakeup time.  Then I go to the pc and log my sleep on the FitBit Chart to see how many hours I slept and the number of wakeups.  I've been doing this since I got the FitBit Flex exactly a month ago and have found my results quite enlightening ---- I also share these results with my doctor.  

Best Answer

@GoldaT  I think once we get a system set, it works great. Sounds like what you're doing works great for you. Maybe it will help others to see it can be done.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best aolution. Get the surge. I love the fact it goes into sleep mode automatically

Its pretty dope
Best Answer
0 Votes

a question?  I didn't realize I had a sleep mode??  How do I do that?  I have the charge not the HR just the charge?  help>

Best Answer
0 Votes

@susiechapstick  You can learn how to log sleep on your Charge in this article - click to read

The Charge and the Charge HR both have auto sleep recording!

Welcome to the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometimes I have to key in my sleep and I am wearing it all the time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My biggest problem with tracking sleep is that I put it in sleep mode when I go to bed, but then I want to cuddle with my husband and it scratches him, so I take it of and then of course it registers me as sleeping soundly all night, since it it on the table. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd always prefer cuddling at night than tracking my sleep! I know I slept well hugging a loved one Smiley Wink Smiley LOL

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
Given a choice between cuddling and tracking sleep, choose cuddling.
You'll probably sleep better anyhow.
Best Answer

double tap for sleep mode!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, usually do that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a note on my nightstand.  When I set my alarm, take my meds, etc. I see it there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a charge HR today. Do I need to anything extra to "put fitbit in sleep mode"? I am keeping my fitbit on my wrist of course but I wasn't sure if I needed to change anything on the dashboard or anything like that. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@selin319  All you need to do is get comfy, snuggle down and put your head on the pillow!

Read this article about sleep - click

Welcome to the forums, You'll love your Charge HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@selin319
@Oddysey13

Love Oddysey's advice. It does work. GoldaT.
Best Answer
0 Votes