Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you make sure you remember to put your fitbit into sleep mode?

ANSWERED
I'm really bad at remembering to track my sleep 🙂
Do any of you have things you do to help you remember to put your fitbit into sleep mode as you go to bed?
Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I dont think it works that way , that would mean every time you stop moving even when you sit down , your fitbit would go to sleep??????

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Buddyshoe  For the most part, my Charge and ChargeHR seem to know when I go to sleep. It might, on occasion think my watching a movie is going to sleep, but the sleep log is easily edited. For the most part, it's pretty accurate.

Welcome to the forums.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
You have to tap it to put it in sleep mode and tap it to bring it out of sleep mode.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, I keep checking it because of that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am new to fitbit and didnt want to tap for sleep mode, so I log sleep the next day for the previous night. If you're not exactly sure what time you went to bed, you can keep editing start times till it matches what the fitbit graph indicates...it's obvious after a few entries that you were either actively awake or sound asleep. Cool. Now does anyone know if my dog jumping on and off the bed at night might affect the "awake" red bars ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My 70lb pit bull sleeps in my bed with my husband and I every night and it does not affect the sensitivity of my sleep tracking. I would not worry about that. It may register as restless, but the dog would have to be really active!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Haha thanks! We have a Portuguese Water Dog and she jumps on and off all
night (I think) and makes little nests out of the scatter rugs as
evidence. Guess we can get used to sleeping through everything, since my
tracker is telling me I average 97%.
Best Answer
0 Votes

i'm getting cheesed off now, i've had my Charge HR for 5 days, the first 2 nights it recorded my sleep, but it's been rubbish since.  i know i've had bad sleeps the rest of the week with multiple wake-ups and different get-up times, but it's saying i had 8.5 hours with one wake-up, how do i manually put it in sleep mode??  can someone please help?  i know it should do it by itself, but maybe if i manually do it, it will work!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That I don't know sorry love.

Id like to know how to reset the time though. Im an hour off
Best Answer
0 Votes
You TAP the Flex? tap tap tap and it starts the sleep mode. when you awaken, you ditto.
Best Answer
set the time on your cell phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure about putting it into sleep mode but you can edit the log from the dashboard to reflect your bed and wake up times.  I have the flex and sometimes I forget to wake it up until I get to work so I just edit the log for the time I got up.  I work shifts so sometimes the dashboard asks me if I forgot to log my sleep.  Today is just such a day because I finished work at 5am.

EDIT:

It doesn't appear to have a manual method for sleep mode.  You could try changing the sensitivity via the dashboard but otherwise you'll just have to edit the logs manually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have a charge HR it's sposed to do it by itself!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

go into your settings, then choose the timezone you are in.  ie i am sydney +11 hours

Best Answer
0 Votes

boy i bet that would put the mockers on a shag though

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm pretty good at tapping my flex when I get in bed (starting sleep mode) but I often forget to take it out of sleep mode, especially if I wake up long before the alarm and I expect I might fall asleep again and then do not.  I've even had it tell me I was still sleeping when I'm out walking.

Fortunately I'm getting pretty good about editing the sleep records to the right start and stop times.

I still haven't figured out how to use this information, however.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tex66 wrote:

One thing I've noticed -- if I'm pushing a shopping cart, the motion will sometimes put the tracker into sleep mode. Thankfully it vibrates to alert me so I can tap it to take it out of sleep mode.

I've had the same thing happen at a concert or a play when I applaud.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks all. I manually log sleep now as the tapping didn't always work properly .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just go to the sleep log field. Plug in both the time you went to bed and the time you got up the next morning. When it synchs you'll get a red and blue graph showing all asleep and awake times. Sometimes you may want to edit if you thought you logged it properly but the red bars say otherwise 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes