Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you make sure you remember to put your fitbit into sleep mode?

ANSWERED
I'm really bad at remembering to track my sleep 🙂
Do any of you have things you do to help you remember to put your fitbit into sleep mode as you go to bed?
Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

My nightly routine consists of texting/reading on my phone until I know I'm really ready to actually fall asleep. Then, I plug my phone in and immediatly put my fitbit into sleep mode because I already know I'm tired enough to truly fall asleep quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi:  I cannot get my "log sleep" icon to move to my dashboard.  Does anyone know how to do that? 

Sandi

@SunsetRunner wrote:
I'm really bad at remembering to track my sleep 🙂
Do any of you have things you do to help you remember to put your fitbit into sleep mode as you go to bed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sandi0303 wrote:

Hi:  I cannot get my "log sleep" icon to move to my dashboard.  Does anyone know how to do that? 

Sandi

Do you have the hours slept icon on your dashboard? A sort of clock with a crescent moon in the middle. I just hover over that and then click "see more".

If I've told my fitbit I am going to sleep the record is automatically logged.

"Dieting is the only game where you win when you lose!"

Best Answer
0 Votes

I log my sleep with the LOG and then SLEEP buttons. You put in the time you went to bed and the time you got up and push log.  If there is something different or you forgot and went to bed at a different time, there is an edit button, but it is invisible until you scroll around, it's on the upper right side.

Best Answer

How do you set the fitbit to track sleep?  And how do you turn it back to waking activity?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How does it get out of sleep mode?  Mine said I slept 16 hours last night but I really only slept 6 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me try to be more clear. I have a Flex and I don't do anything to it when I sleep or wake up. I tried the tapping thing at first and I was forgetting and it wasn't working for me. So just go to be and sleep. Kind of try to remember what time you turned off the light. But on the computer, go to Log and then the Sleep tab and scroll down to the box that shows the sleeping bar record. You can type in the time you went to sleep and the time you woke up (when the alarm goes off) and then hit the Log Sleep button. If it needs a little adjustment, like you didn't go right to sleep you can edit the times. There is an Edit button that doesn't show up until you scroll across it, it is to the right of the awake time. The button looks like a 1/2 piece of paper with a pencil on it. Just move your curser over it and click then you can change the times.  Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mary59 You have a fitbit with autosleep like a Charge or Surge.  The ONE and the FLEX don't have autosleep.  You have to tell them when you are ready to sleep.  I have both a ONE and a Charge.  I bought both because the Charge has autosleep and I have a sleep disorder.  I need to know how much sleep I get each night, but also if I am falling asleep in the day time.  Turns out I was sleeping in the day and did not even know it!  That's what the autosleep can tell you.  Once I knew what was really happening I began working on changing my sleep patterns.  It is very hard to do, but I have seen progress.  I now get a total of about 6 - 7 hours of sleep a night, no sleeping in the day time and 1-2 hours of contigious sleep at a time.  This is a vast improvement!  I credit Fitbit for the much needed help with this!

Elendili

Best Answer
Or the ChargeHR, however I prefer manually doing it. 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes

Love my One for sleep. Have it set with my morning alarm. I wear it on my wrist at night*, the vibration wakes me up quite nicely. No jarring awake like the old alarm clock used to, and I'm never tempted to hit a "snooze". Weekends oddly... I can sleep right through it.  *(though the wrist band velcro is weak and the bands wear out fast, and replacements are expensive in my opinion).

Was rather funny when I took a vacation to Europe. I forgot to turn off the alarm before I left and had no access to a computer to log in and do so. The alarm was still set for EST, and was going off at odd times during the day, as I traveled across time zones. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Marion, I've actually stopped using the sleep mode. I loved it at first but I kept forgetting to log on, so I stopped using it all together. Sorry I can't be more helpful !

Sandi
Best Answer
0 Votes
Regarding weekends: when you set the alarm, you can set it or 7 days to repeat, or for 6 (as I do) or just for the 5 week days. I agree, the little buzzing rattlesnake on my wrist gently, but persistently, wakes me each a.m.
And I am thrilled when it buzzes as I reach my 10K steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Frequently my FitBit goes to sleep when I applaud. Apparently the vibration puts it to sleep. 

I have have never had my FitBit go to sleep when I stop moving.  Occasionally, I will forget to put it to sleep at night and then have to log it manually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pushing a shopping cart across a parking lot will also do this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you set the time to go to bed and wake up time? I just tried and it says already set for today, there isnt anything there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what it says - "There is already a sleep during the time period you tried to create the new sleep."

How do I log time going to bed and waking up for tonight?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Elain, If you move your curser around the box there is an edit button that will appear and disappear. I use it all the time. Its kind of in the top right hand corner of the sleep box. It will bring up a spot to correct the times that you sleep and awaken.Man Happy

Best Answer

I did this last night, but nothing was recorded. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Fitbit Flex for over a year now and the sleep mode works quite well for me especially since I transferred from a wristband (which irritated my skin) to an ankle band (which being made of elasticized fabric does not cause me any irrituation at all).  

Best Answer
0 Votes
ok thank you. Mine is starting to irritate me too and I am switching arms
daily. I restarted my device over 3 times in a row and it is working now.

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes