Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you remove sleep score and go back to the old way of sleep tracking.

ANSWERED

I really do not like this new sleep score feature.  I liked it best when it just told me how much time I slept.  Now you put an arbitrary number in the margin and on the graph.  Where is the option to just see the time like the old way?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone,

You can still check this information within the Fitbit app. If you go to the sleep tile, the first thing you see is the weekly bar-graph with the sleep score.

clipboard_image_1.png

Just swipe to the left until you see the hours asleep graph, which has a bar-graph with the time asleep every day.

clipboard_image_2.png

If you want to see the average sleep for each week, there's an even better option now. Just keep swiping to the left until you see the "Hours in Sleep Stages" graph, and then tap on the upper right corner to expand it.

clipboard_image_3.png

clipboard_image_4.png

There, you can see the average sleep time per week and month, with the advantage that you can adjust this interval by simply sliding the graph left and right (you are not restricted to, let's say, Sep 2 - Sep 8).

Hope this is useful!

狂乱 Hey Kids!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

You can’t remove the sleep score from the mobile app. You can, however, see time spent sleeping (including weekly averages) on the desktop dashboard (https://www.fitbit.com/sleep). It works on any device (computer, tablet, phone), but you need to use your browser.

I personally find sleep score more useful, I guess you can’t please everyone.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is that I bought the fitbit partly because of the way the sleep was tracked.  If you make a change as drastic as this, it should be an optional change.  Yes you can make everyone happy, just give the people who bought your product the option of the old way they paid for or the new way. 

Best Answer

Just add a shortcut to https://www.fitbit.com/sleep, problem solved.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I guess that works, thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think if they offered people a choice it would not have caused a stir. I personally don’t want to have to log into the website to look at my stats. I’ve found an app that will do the same thing using an Apple Watch. So I’m selling my Fitbit. Anyone want a used Blaze with a blue and a black band?

Best Answer

In my opinion sleep score is a novelty bit of information, but not useful to me at all. I can’t actively do anything to improve it. If Fitbit wants to leave it as part of the sleep data, okay fine. But DO NOT REPLACE THE WEEKLY AVERAGE NUMBER OF HOURS SLEPT with the average sleep score. I could care less about my average sleep score. My average number of hours of sleep per week was one of the top data items I track. Bring it back!

Best Answer

Agreed the sleep score is just a gimmick. It needs removing or making an option. 

You can still see your average hours in the app. Click on the little graph at the top and go to the fourth page. The averages are still there, just not as convenient to view as they once were

Best Answer

Sadly, I came to this forum today to find out the answer, and it's clearly not good.  From the Fitbit FAQ:Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 6.21.32 AM.png

Problem is, the "sleep score" is not a feature that has the slightest use for me.  I have chronic pain and need to know, in depth, when and how deeply I sleep each night--and will NEVER have a rating higher than "fair" on this measure.

Fitbit seems uninterested in keeping my business.  The new screen is busy and cluttered and doesn't do what I need it to do ... when just one update ago, I was EXTREMELY happy with my Charge 3.

I'll be checking out Apple Watch apps; anyone else have suggestions to replace what USED to be my favorite fitness tracker?

Best Answer

Bring back the daily hours slept.  The graph was always there. 

Best Answer

Hey everyone,

You can still check this information within the Fitbit app. If you go to the sleep tile, the first thing you see is the weekly bar-graph with the sleep score.

clipboard_image_1.png

Just swipe to the left until you see the hours asleep graph, which has a bar-graph with the time asleep every day.

clipboard_image_2.png

If you want to see the average sleep for each week, there's an even better option now. Just keep swiping to the left until you see the "Hours in Sleep Stages" graph, and then tap on the upper right corner to expand it.

clipboard_image_3.png

clipboard_image_4.png

There, you can see the average sleep time per week and month, with the advantage that you can adjust this interval by simply sliding the graph left and right (you are not restricted to, let's say, Sep 2 - Sep 8).

Hope this is useful!

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer

I started a thread on this topic and my inbox blew up with like minded people responded similarly.  I was following the topic to see how Fitbit would respond only to found out that I would have to pay for a premium version really pissed me off.  I was a loyal user and this is my third device but agree with others who are looking elsewhere and will do so during this holiday season.   

Best Answer

I want every night to show in the bar graph regardless if captured other details. That was my most used feature so could see at a glance progress or lack of across the week.  Even in your example there are bars missing between nights.

Best Answer

There are bars missing between nights because I don't wear my watch to sleep every night lol.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not agree that this is a BETTER option. I used the old average system to be able to calculate how much extra I needed to sleep on the weekends. 

The system that is left now shows 7 days intervals in a minimum. So the last weekend is always included when I check it within the week. 

Best Answer

This is way more work than before! Yes, we can find the information but I think what everyone is saying is we liked just being able to look at it- simply. Sleep score is meaningless to me! I get a 71 with 8.5 hours of sleep vs. 80 with 5.5 hrs of sleep.... what’s the point of that?!! I liked seeing hours of sleep, the score should be a feature people can choose or not. 

Best Answer

I second @SunsetRunner. I have a bad habit of staying up later than I should. Example: last night I got 4 hours of sleep (went to bed at 2a, woke up at 6a since I have work at 7a), I get a score of 75. However, when I actually hit or go above my 7.5 hours of sleep (goal I set for myself, and failing miserably), I only get scores between 80-85. The score is only based on AMOUNT of hours slept, and not really taking into account the hours THEMSELVES that you were asleep. To use my last night as an example, I really should have gotten a score below 70 since I went to bed super late and woke up super early. This is counterproductive to those of us who don't sleep well, whether by choice (me) or medical condition (vast majority of others).

My TrendWeight|
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would prefer if they made you do that to see the arbitrary sleep score and left the average hours as the first screen... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most of us have bought this Fitbit in order to track sleep the way that it was and now you have taken and "F'd" it all up just leave it alone. If we wanted to play games we would have bought a Nintendo.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A friend of mine and I had a conversation about sleep the other day and he was complaining that he just wasn't getting enough sleep during the week, he asked me "what's your average sleep in a week?" and I said to him, "somewhere between 65 and 78 depending on the time of year."  My friend asked me "what the hell are you talking about?" I said "what you don't know what a sleep score is? Well I don't either but if I want more insights into my sleep score, I can simply purchase a Fitbit Premium subscription."

I've never seen such a useless feature but not only is it useless it's another pathetic attempt to separate me from my money.  I can guarantee not a single Fitbit user ever asked for this "feature" and really not a great selling point for a Premium Subscription.  Why would I pay for a subscription when Fitbit is investing in features like this?  Get rid of it or keep it but give me the option to set it back to the weekly average. 

Any comments in the forum that approve of the sleep score have probably been planted by the Fitbit sleep score team with hopes of keeping their jobs.  Maybe shift them to a new project like an eating score to replace calories consumed.

Best Answer
0 Votes