Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to improve HRV? Mine is too low

I'm 61 female.  My HRV range according to Fitbit is 11 - 28ms typical values I see are 15.

I take around 15,000 steps a day.  I am constantly moving during the day working on some project that requires some amount of physical activity.  I do Bikram  or Power Yoga every other day.  I drink A LOT of fluids.  Eat vegetarian.  Sleep scores in the 80's.

My HRV seems low given what I've Googled.  I'm looking for ways to increase my HRV...but I'm already exercising, eating, drinking, sleeping as best I think I can.  What should I be exploring to improve my HRV?  (Thank you).

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @solarslurpie, it's great to see you around! 

Nice! you've been doing a great job in trying to improve your HRV. 😊 

Well, HRV varies from person to person. Age, sex, sleep, hormones, circadian rhythm, and other factors (for example, caffeine or alcohol intake, exercise, and stress) can affect HRV.

But I have some tips that could help to improve it: 

1. Wear your device for at least 1 full day (during the day and to sleep at night). 
  2. Make sure the back of your device is in contact with your skin. The band should be snug but not constricting. If you experience any discomfort, loosen the band, and if it persists give your wrist a break by taking it off.
  3. Most metrics require at least 3 hours of quality sleep. If you move a lot during your sleep or the sleep session is too short, you might not get a reading too.
  4. Exercise & Train Appropriately
  5. Good Nutrition at the Right Times

Let's leave this post open for comments and suggestions from other users 😁

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes