Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing heart rate when falling asleep

261CFC52-FE23-49A0-BE0A-6DC931B97658.jpeg

DB03F6FF-FC2F-4691-8F28-2B1787113122.jpeg

6DA8AA2F-553A-46E1-BE09-1E6CE4E99013.jpeg

Hi guys. I’ve had my Versa 2 for almost 2 months now and I got quite addicted to checking my sleeping stages and heart rate and I noticed something that worries me a little bit. Since I first got it, every single night my heart rate increases a lot (first thing after falling asleep) very suddenly and drastically keeps going up and up, forming this kind of a “hill” and then usually after half hour-one hour it starts dropping back down. My oxygen level during night is always perfect, I do not snore, and no matter what - whether I had a drink before or whether I was completely relaxed before going to sleep, it happens every single night. 

Does anybody experienced the same thing or have any idea why it could be? 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Yes I do but I was looking for some ideas so I’m not any help I’m afraid 😟 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also does the same thing but I don't know why.  

Best Answer

Found this thru Google, I have the exact same thing.  Happens every single night.  HR goes from resting (~60-65) up to around 80BPM for the first hour or so that I'm asleep then drops sharply into low-mid 50s.  Like you it doesn't matter how I'm feeling, what I ate/etc. it's the same every time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you learned anything, seeing as this is an old post? I have the same thing. My graphs look much like yours. My resting daytime rate is lower than my nighttime rate which throws off my Fitbit stats. Sleep studies have revealed no oxygen issues. My doctor says that he believes it's a dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system, but I cannot find any data or anecdotal evidence to back this guess up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes