Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Innacurate calculations

It seems to me that there is some bad math going on in the Sleep Stages calculations. Last night I slept 6 hours and 13 minutes - with 1 hour and 57 minutes of that being deep sleep. According to Fitbit I spent 27% of my sleep time in deep sleep. But here is the thing... 6x60+13 = 373 and 60+57= 117... follow that up with 117/373 you end up with 31%. So - that doesn't seem to match up. Factor in the 54 minutes I was awake and I end up with 37%. So how is this 27%? Is the formula for the calculations not taking into account that an hour is 60 minutes? Furthermore, when I look at the Hours in Sleep Stages it lists my Deep Sleep for the month as 12 hours and 3 minutes - but adding together the amount of time I spent in deep sleep over the course of the month I got considerably more than 12 hours in deep sleep - closer to 3 times that amount.
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good one... thanks for the laugh... perhaps if I hung out with Dave more I wouldn't be concerned about not getting enough sleep. 

Kidding - I'm perfectly happy with my 5-6 hours per night. - just confused about the "new math" - especially since it seems that I'm the only one who has noticed it.

Have a good one!

G

Best Answer
0 Votes