Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR Sleep Data Display

Does anyone know how I can get my Fitbit to display sleep data in a left to right continuous sleep stages graph rather than vertical lines? I had the sleep stages graph when I first got the device then about 10 days ago it suddenly changed to vertical lines and I can't find a way of getting the graph back again.

Thanks

Stuart 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi! I'm having that exact same issue. I got my FITBIT CHARGE 3 beginning of Dec, by the 3rd week of January, it changed to the vertical lines, like you stated. I'm thinking, maybe that was a complimentary feature. So I have upgraded to FITBIT Premium and am having the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi FaithWrx

Thanks for replying to my post and although I'm sorry to hear you have the
same problem, I'm slightly relieved I'm not the only one. I was thinking of
upgrading to Premium because of it but certainly won't now I know that doing
so doesn't resolve the issue.

I did get a couple of replies back from Fitbit as I emailed them separately.
I've not had the time today to read through them properly. As soon as I do
I'll be in touch again to let you know what they say and if they've offered
a solution.

Fingers crossed...

Stuart

Sent from Stuart's PC
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you and yes finger crossed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is some information I found this morning. It’s a bit odd really. The night before last my sleep data was shown in sleep stages and yet when I woke up this morning the data was shown in the vertical lines. So I’ll have to have another look at the information I was sent by Fitbit. When it worked the night before last I thought the problem had been resolved and so didn’t bother to read their emails.

I’ll let you know if I find something out.

Stuart

WHY DON'T I SEE SLEEP STAGES TODAY?

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information about why you see your sleep pattern, tap or click the sleep record that shows your sleep pattern.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very peculiar. Several folks are having the same issue. I did chat with a FITBIT rep last week and they told me to plug my tracker into the charger, holding side button until I see battery icon and black screen. Then a progress bar afterwards. Needless to say, this did not work. So I will be contacting fit bit once again. Thanks so much for sharing your findings with me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. It worked fine for the first week, now 3 weeks later it is only displaying vertical lines despite singing up for Fitbit premium. Is it possible that manually beginning a sleep session is interfering with the detailed display?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi CleliaC

I'm afraid I can't answer that question. I'm not very bright when it comes
to tech issues and anyway, I've never used the manual facility before.

I had problems with the sleep function some months ago. After trying
everything they suggested it still didn't work and so they kindly sent me a
new tracker. It was all very quick, they were massively helpful, and I can't
fault how their support team managed the whole thing. So I'd suggest getting
in touch with them for advice. They are taking quite a while to answer
messages but that's all down to the pandemic. Rest assured they will reply
as soon as they can.

I'm now having new problems with the tracker which is why I contacted them a
couple of weeks ago but it wasn't just down to the sleep issue.

If you do make contact with them then good luck!

Stuart

Sent from Stuart's PC
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Stuart, thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I've figured out
how to get sleep analytics - it seems that when I click on "begin sleep
session now" it does not provide me with details. If I just go to bed,
without doing that it analyzes everything. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes