Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Weird to not Remember any Dreams?

ANSWERED

As above......I sleep well and feel refreshed in the morning, but have no memories of having had any dreams during the night.

I'm sure that I must have them, but can't recall anything, whereas my wife can remember hers vividly (and my children also).

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've been in your situation for possibly a year, can't remember any dreams, etc.

Until last April when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and prescribed an automatic CPAP machine.  First week or 2 I would vividly remember 2-3 dreams every night, waking up briefly after each one and remembering details of them. (Oddly I've seen one of the "side effects" of CPAP is listed as Excessive Dreaming, such an odd way to put it)

Since then (it's been 6 weeks or so), I remember maybe 1 dream a night, possibly b/c I'm not waking up after the dreams anymore.  I think that is the key.  My fitbit is brand new (bought a Charge 3 yesterday) so last night's my only reference, but it showed 3 separate sessions at times that look similar to what I recall during the early days of my CPAP therapy, when I would briefly wake up after a dream and glance at the clock.  So they're happening just I'm not waking up enough to remember them.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I've been in your situation for possibly a year, can't remember any dreams, etc.

Until last April when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and prescribed an automatic CPAP machine.  First week or 2 I would vividly remember 2-3 dreams every night, waking up briefly after each one and remembering details of them. (Oddly I've seen one of the "side effects" of CPAP is listed as Excessive Dreaming, such an odd way to put it)

Since then (it's been 6 weeks or so), I remember maybe 1 dream a night, possibly b/c I'm not waking up after the dreams anymore.  I think that is the key.  My fitbit is brand new (bought a Charge 3 yesterday) so last night's my only reference, but it showed 3 separate sessions at times that look similar to what I recall during the early days of my CPAP therapy, when I would briefly wake up after a dream and glance at the clock.  So they're happening just I'm not waking up enough to remember them.

Best Answer

A person usually only remember dreams that occurred within minutes of waking up. 

I remember having one dream that I was talking to dad, it turns out I also had slept walk and was indeed talking to him. 

Best Answer
0 Votes