Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to earn a 100 sleep score?

According to this article by Fitbit, most users earn a sleep score between 72-83.  Since the score is out of 100, and the display on iOS shows up as a circle that I have failed to close, I am wondering if anyone has ever actually earned a sleep score of 100.   Is it actually possible to achieve this goal?  If so, how?  Were strong sleeping pills involved?  

(Edit to add: No, I do not take sleeping pills, I do not drink, and I do not want to take any substances.  I made this comment because I believe the scoring system sets an impossible standard.  And no, I am not buying premium just to see the math).

Honestly, even on a night when I slept for over 10 hours with plenty of deep sleep, my “score” was still only an 84.  It seems impossible to earn above the low 80s.

It feels like I am taking one of those impossible “weed-out” classes in college where nobody earns above a B- and the prof doesn’t give As on principle.  Is that the model here?  

If it’s not really possible to get a sleep score of 100, why is the sleep score configured to look like an achievable “goal” from which we have somehow fallen short?  If we are doing everything in our power to get good sleep, and we still cannot earn 100 or even 90, what’s the point of it?  Fitbit has been so useful for helping me to set and reach goals.  Why create a goal that is inherently unattainable?

Best Answer
190 REPLIES 190

Hi there, 

I have never once had a 100 score, however I usually score withing the 92 to 95 range routinely. The only things I do are I wake up at 5 everyday no matter what and instantly get bright blue light in my eyes. I consume 250mg of caffines at 11am to get me through the rest of my day. Workout at 330pm then it's no blue light or bright light in my eyes after 7 o'clock. I am asleep as soon as I hit the pillow at 9pm. I also consume magnesium everyday, as well as multiple other vitamins. My diet is consistent never changes, no sugar or bread, only whole foods mainly meat and protien. Never smoke or drink at anytime. That's how I get a sleep score almost to 100

Best Answer

100% Sleep duration  is - Definitely NOT achievable !!! 

Give me an example of how to get 100% of the 50% that duration is part of?

I have been above benchmarks in all areas in a night and still do no get 100%!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

NEVER!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

NEVER...IT IS NOT ACHEIVABLE!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello i consistently get a score of 87 to 89 and never seem to get 8hrs of sleep sometimes i sleep 6hrs and get 85 which is completely weird to me. now i have an issue with eating 1hr before bed and thats when i get a score of 79 to 83 im also having difficulties bc i work evening shifts(15:00 - 23:00 which usually i only get out at 00:00 bc healthcare lol) so how on earth am i supposed to get good sleep?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get over 90 regularly with only around 6 hours of sleep. The highest I ever got was Nintey five one time.

I have never got 100 and am very curious if it can be done lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i keep trying to get 90+ but sem

to only be able to get 87- 89 MAX 

i would

love to see my sleep go into the 90’s my issue i think mostly is eating before bed( junk even 2hrs before sleep) and starting to walk every night i can i think will help. consistency is going to be near impossible as i work 15:00 - 23:00, 3 days a week. i get to bed at about 23:30 - 23:45 on those days but when home get to bed at about 21:30 - 22:30. anyhow im not discouraged but motivated to get those numbers lol

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m the opposite I get up at 5am for work so I go to bed early find it hard to go to sleep when I get to bed
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
By eliminating your items stayed one at a time, eating late…… you will get in the 90s. Eliminate 1 per week to see if numbers rise
Good luck

Stay safe and God Bless! Eileen🌸🌸🌸
Best Answer

Thank you! i mean i xant change work im locked in that position so i know those nights will be difficult bc the next day i have to be up at 7am for my daughters school. ohhh the eternal struggle of balance lol

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is impossible to get 100%. I wish they would fix this feature!!!!!

Sent from Mail for Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes