Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maunaully Edit fitbit sleep score

ANSWERED

I watch telly, like many, before going to bed and fitbit thinks that my inactivity and slow heart rate is that I am in bed trying to sleep. Consequently, I would like to delete/override the 'awake time'  on the app and  improve my sleep score and the relative percentages. This is a software update and should be easy for the developers to do. Inspire HR

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CHRiSGREEN77,

Currently, that can't be done, and I don't expect Fitbit would start doing that. Or else people could manipulate the numbers any way they want to get any kind of sleep score.

But feel free to make a post in the Feature Suggestion section of the site, so they can see the idea and other people can vote on it also. If enough people vote for it, Fitbit may implement it.

You can edit the sleep start and stop times, but not the sleep score directly.

I've also had the problem with the device mistakenly treating nighttime TV as sleep. The workaround that helped is I take the tracker/watch off while doing this kind of thing, and then put it on right before bed. It's a good time to give the device a charge, and then when I put it on and go to bed, the sleep tracking is accurate. Hope this helps.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @CHRiSGREEN77,

Currently, that can't be done, and I don't expect Fitbit would start doing that. Or else people could manipulate the numbers any way they want to get any kind of sleep score.

But feel free to make a post in the Feature Suggestion section of the site, so they can see the idea and other people can vote on it also. If enough people vote for it, Fitbit may implement it.

You can edit the sleep start and stop times, but not the sleep score directly.

I've also had the problem with the device mistakenly treating nighttime TV as sleep. The workaround that helped is I take the tracker/watch off while doing this kind of thing, and then put it on right before bed. It's a good time to give the device a charge, and then when I put it on and go to bed, the sleep tracking is accurate. Hope this helps.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

If you go to the sleep menu and press the "+" then "BEGIN SLEEP NOW", that will let your app know when your sleeping and when you're just resting. Then in the morning you press "I'm AWAKE", and your sleep score will be correct. Plus, you CAN edit your Sleep times the next day be using the "EDIT" button. I  have a similar problem and I actually adjusted it the following day to reflect the correct sleep time, I used the "edit" button, enter the correct times and refresh...My sleep score DID adjust accordingly. Try it out, it should work!  Hope this helps, Good  Luck! 💪🌴😎

TrainerMike.ms@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a good system WavyDavey, I'll get it charged while I'm just chillin before bed … my problem is I'll often fall asleep before I get it back on. It such a little thing that gets me so frustrated.  

TrainerMike.ms@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Your comments were useful but I had an interesting outcome last night and I would appreciate if you have any explanations  

Large chunk of my sleep went from 10.33pm to 5.06 am Sleep score was 71 

I recorded Awake 53 mins Rem 60 mins (6 episodes) Light 3hr 41 mins Deep 59 mins (4 episodes)

Had a cup of tea and read something uplifting and resumed my sleep at 5.39 am and awoke at 8.06 am

The new sleep recorded which I had to edit got the same score of 71

Awake 1hr 28 mins Rem 1hr 12 mins (where additional sleep actually yielded a further 36mins) Light 6 hours 23 mins  and Deep (3episodes) was reduced to 27 mins from the original 59 mins

The actual sleep should have recorded

Light 68%, Rem 20% and Deep 12%

The data actually says Light 67% Rem 13% Deep 5% with Awake 16%

Don’t understand are you able to shed any light on this please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, thanks for the input... I dont believe my HR inspire has that function.. which product do you use?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

After editing correct sleep start my Sleep Score DID NOT adjust accordingly.

There is a secret function to reevaluate the score after editing?

EDIT:

OK, closing app and launch it again reevaluate Sleep Score.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Resolved

Best Answer
0 Votes