Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please show me your sleep pattern (both good and poor sleepers)

I got my Fitbit Surge 6 days ago. I set it to sensitive. The sleep pattern confirmed mine, and my husband's suspicions, that I have very poor sleep. Sleep efficiency 61%, and cycle length (also confirmed with a different mobile app) is only 60 mins not the usual 90 mins. I 'need' about 10-11 hours sleep to feel half-way decent. With 10 hrs sleep I get about 6 hrs. With 8-9 hrs sleep (my usual weekday allowance) I get about 5 hrs. My husband always complains that my restless sleep causes him lost sleep too 😞 (I say to him imagine how I feel!). I am usually fatigued all day and have trouble getting up in the morning and am struggling to maintain work function. I'm glad I got my Fitbit so I have proof of what is happening.

I was tested for sleep apnoea some years ago and had borderline/mild apnoea. I lost 70 lbs (30 kg) and then got retested and the apnoea had disappeared (good because I didn't tolerate the CPAP at all).

I would like to know what a 'normal' sleep pattern looks like and what another poor sleeper looks like so I can show my GP and get referred. Is there a specific kind of sleep study she can request other than for sleep apnoea?

I have added 2 screenshots of my usual sleep pattern, if some of you could add yours with a brief comment on if you sleep well or not, that would help me gather evidence for my GP appointment. TIA.

Tuesday sleep Quickviews shows sleep pattern.jpg

sleep.jpg

Best Answer
250 REPLIES 250
Nothing has changed on my end. I do take Ambien but it helps me get to
sleep but not stay asleep.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The sleep function is useless! I have been warning people of this for awhile. I still use it just to compare to my CPAP machine which is accurate because it is not pretending to tell me it knows how long and what kind of sleep I am getting, it just knows how long I have it running. Last night the Fitbit missed an entire block of sleep about two hours long. I know I was asleep because my partner was awake and watching me. I will repeat what I have said before. IT IS JUST A TOY NOT A MEDICAL INSTRUMENT. It's like they say about astrology or psychics...for entertainment only. If you believe you have a sleep problem go to a sleep doctor, do a sleep test and get real information. The Fitbit will only make you more confused about the quality of your sleep.
Best Answer
You made my point perfectly. You are "worried" about your sleep and the Fitbit is now part of the problem. It is NOT accurate. If you think you have a sleep problem go to a sleep doctor. My sleep test was covered 100% by my insurance which is not the best by any stretch. There are lots of reasons you ay be getting poor sleep on the Fitbit. Your partner or pet moving.You have restless limb syndrome etc etc. The only tips I gan give you is go to bed the same time every night, NO MATTER WHAT TIME YOU WOKE UP. Sleep alone if you can. NO computers, TV or ebooks for two hours before bed. Real books are ok if the light is soft and has no blue. You can get special bulbs or blue blocking glasses. A sleep test at a sleep lab is the only way to find out what is wrong with your sleep!
Best Answer
[image: image.png]

I think I am sleep ? How do yoi stop restless and sleep through ?
Concerned
Best Answer
0 Votes
Better english please!
Best Answer
0 Votes

apologies for the typo 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No problem! Can I help with an answer?
Best Answer
0 Votes

which screenshot is the sensitive setting..

top or bottom?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow 24x thats alot. But 8 hours is great

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been tracking a couple years because the sleep ap machine was not a
good fit. Too many nerve issues and I need to move about every hour and
the pain wakes me up. It has become easier since I retired.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wish there was a way to select from several user entered  fields of stuff that can effect your sleep then allow to group the fields that make the most positive and negative sleep. Even include the level of exercise  into sleep patterns 

Best Answer
0 Votes