Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with sleep records not showing detailed information

Have others had problems with sleep records not showing detailed information once you've synced the next day?  Because I have & I have rung Fitbit each time it's happened since November.  As it happened yesterday morning also, but I deleted it off and re-synced it again thinking it might re-load the data for the day before but unfortunately it didn't, so have lost the basic details like those attached for yesterday altogether.

When I rang Fitbit I wasn't told it was a problem others have had, until ringing them today - who told me 'Fitbit are aware of there being a problem with some users just getting basic information, and trying to work on a fix for it'.

If you have short naps I'm aware it just shows basic details if it's under 3 hours or whatever the figure is.  Just I've got a Neurological Sleep Disorder P.L.M.D. so my sleep records are vitally important to show to my Neurologist    Have any other people had this same issue at all & how frequently is it happening - when you get a full night's sleep (if at all)?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

You know that Fitbit can't measure sleep stages anywhere near accurately, right? There was a recent study about this. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07420528.2017.1413578

Obviously Fitbit should still fix this bug (it's happened to me a few times as well), but please don't rely on it for medical use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

WalkingAmanda, if you switch your device off to reset it and then switch it on again you will not loose any recorded information. Even turning you phone off and on again will not affect the recorded information. Re-syncing your devices will not loose any information that might have been recorded the previous night. I hope this answers your question in part.

The information recorded on your fitbit device should only be regarded as guide and I am sure you are already aware of that. The only way to properly diagnose a sleep disorder is to undergo a 24hr sleep study.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, yes, myself and my husband have Charge 2 and every so often both have trouble with the Sleep data not showing correctly. Sometimes 2wks at a time and have this happening now for the past 10 days or so, very frustrating! Had mine over 2yrs now and husband has had his Fitbit 11/2 yrs. 

Also same problems every so often with the heart rate not beating and not showing details. Log out and then later log back in, sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t! 😕

Best Answer