Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about restoration heart rate

ANSWERED

I am worried about my sleeping heart rate being 100% above my RHR for the last several nights. Can anyone give me a clue as to why?

restoration.png

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I get something like this once in a while. 

Screenshot_20210201-093908_Fitbit.jpg

When it happens, I don't think it's a problem of my sleeping heart rate being too high, but rather my resting heart rate has been incorrectly calculated to be too low. I don't understand how resting heart rate is being calculated and I'm not convinced that it is a reliable number. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I sometimes get that if I do cardio within a few hours of going to sleep. As long as I feel well rested in the morning, I don't worry about it. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, thanks for responding alexthecat!

Problem is I can't attribute it to any change in habits or timing of exercise. And I didn't feel rested in the morning. I do have insomnia, though, so my sleep scores for Restoration are always a bit dicey. The higher sleeping heart rate though is new just in the past couple of days, the graph above being the worst.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get something like this once in a while. 

Screenshot_20210201-093908_Fitbit.jpg

When it happens, I don't think it's a problem of my sleeping heart rate being too high, but rather my resting heart rate has been incorrectly calculated to be too low. I don't understand how resting heart rate is being calculated and I'm not convinced that it is a reliable number. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

Thanks for your help, and a very good point. Especially after looking at the graph you posted. I'll say it anyway; kudos on that very healthy RHR of 56:)

Best Answer

Thanks! There's a lot of heart disease in my family. I'm trying to out-run my genes.  🏃‍:female_sign: 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

Mine is almost always over 100%.  I was wondering if anyone else noticed this about it thought.  I am a really good REM and Deep sleeper.  I remember my dreams and most of them are very active dreams.  On the mornings when I wake up and remember the dreams (multiple some nights), I know if I look at the resting heart rate calculator it will be at least 90% over.  I am wondering if there is a correlation between the active dreams and your heart rate being high.  I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea but my oxygen variation rarely shows a high variation.  Just curious if anyone else has had this observation or if there is any data out there that active dreams affect the resting heart rate.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried doing mindfulness meditation in Fitbit app before sleep? If consistently done, quality of sleep can improve.

Best Answer
0 Votes