Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 9/3 - Received Classic Sleep rather than Sleep Stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/7 Update:

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

9/5 Update:

Hi, everyone! I know many of you still haven't received their Sleep Stages, beginning since this past weekend. Our team is actively investigating the root cause and we hope to have this fixed for you all soon. I'm going to close this thread and would like to re-direct you all to your tracker's thread for future updates.

If you own a Blaze, Charge 2, or an Alta HR. Please follow or subscribe to those threads for updates on this issue with Sleep Stages. I will keep those up to date with any new information. 

Thanks everyone for your cooperation! We really appreciate your patience. 

9/4 Update:

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and understand that some of you are still not seeing Sleep Stages. Thanks again for your patience while we work toward a resolution. Here are some answers to questions that have come up around the issue:

Q: Is there something wrong with my tracker? Does my tracker need to be replaced?

A: No, there is nothing wrong with your tracker. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Am I not receiving Sleep Stages because of my app version or tracker firmware version?

A: No, this is not directly related to your tracker or app. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Do I need to contact Fitbit to get this resolved?

A: No, you do not need to contact Support. This issue is not specific to any accounts, and we are working to get it resolved for all customers.

Q: When will I see Sleep Stages again?

A: We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more definitive information.

We are aware of an issue that resulted in some customers receiving Classic Sleep graphs rather than Sleep Stages over the past few nights.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and our team is looking into this to prevent it from recurring.

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

I've had my Fitbit charge 2 for 2 weeks now and was tracking sleep stage fine until the 1st.

I have read the other comments and see others are having the same problem. When I contacted customer support they said nothing about problem. Very disappointed with Fitbit and customer support right now. If issue not fixed soon I will be returning ( I think I still have time). As this is one of the main reasons I bought this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with the sleep tracking.  Worked fine for about 3 weeks but now only gives "simplified sleep details".  I am very disappointed as this was the main reason I purchased it.  Not sure how to proceed but wish I had read about this before purchasing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning the log for sleep is not working. I get a blank screen. I go to settings and I get the same. Food logged okay as have steps. It is very frustrating. While I understand that from time to time there are updates or upgrades being done to fitbit I would have thought it common courtesy for a message to appear, not just a blank screen. I have been a fitbit user since 2011 but about 18 months ago gave way the dashboard and recording as the app was too slow and intermittently not working. Having started up again about 6 weeks ago it appears the system is still slow and poor. The tracker may well be a good product but the support and app just hasn't kept pace from my experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not only has my fit bit gone back to classic sleep tracking I cannot get it to track my exercise...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 reverted back to 'Sleep Patterns' on Sat, 9/2 & Sun, 9/3. I awoke this morning at 7 am; checked 'sleep', and received 'Sleep Patterns' again. I went back to sleep for 1 1/2 hrs; awoke and had 'Sleep Stages' for all today!!!

As background, I received 'sleep Stages' the first of May with no setbacks to 'Sleep Patterns' until now. I did not experience the horrific issues that other users trying to get 'Sleep Stages'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has only been tracking sleep in classic mode for a few days. I shut it down, restarted and no luck.  What happened that this issues just occured? Is it going to be fixed? This is one of my favorite features on my Blaze as I am not a good sleeper and never wake rested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also for last three days is not showing sleep stages, both Charge 2 and phone up to date have reset charge 2 no difference

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep recorded in stages last night. yay! Here's hoping it sticks. Didn't realise there was also a problem with exercise as I'd not done some in a long while. But yesterday I had to manually log all my activities. I did three sessions and not one registered not even my run. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep stages was not working for me for the nights of 3/9 and 4/9 but it worked last night showing EM, light and dep sleep. Does this mean that the problem has been resolved?

Best Answer

Sleep stages was not working for me for the nights of 3/9 and 4/9 but it worked last night showing REM, light and deep sleep. Does this mean that the problem has been resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not worked for me last night so that's 3 consecutive nights so far...

seems the issue is very random 

Best Answer

Hi, I like many folks rely on the quality sleep analysis. I'm not seeing my sleep patterns...and glad to hear the issue is being investigated. Vtblades

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hasn't worked the last 3 nights, including last night (Monday night). Has anyone heard when they will resolve the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello 

I too am no longer receiving the sleep stages I did 10 days ago

The battery is charged.

The app is current 2.39

I have 'removed this Blaze' prior to '+Set Up a Device'

I have logged out and back in

I have synched multiple times

I have not used the 'Begin Sleep Now' option

My heart rate recorded throughout the night.

This is a bug

Best Answer
it's been 3 nights including last night mine hasn't worked. It also documented time at the movies as sleep..when I was very much awake....am documented exercise time at 1am when I was up having drinks with family.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a fitbit blaze a couple days ago and sleep stages didn't work so I thought there was something wrong with the device. Hopefully, this gets resolved soon since I haven't even had the chance to try this feature that I was excited about buying the fitbit for...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding my voice to the chorus: sleep stages stopped appearing for me late last week. I'm using an Alta HR.

Best Answer

Just wondered if there had been a solution to this issue yet?

Not receiving detailed sleep data has reverted to very basic sleep, restless at etc

Thanks

Jo

Best Answer

I am really getting tired of the Alta having issues.  This is my 3rd Fitbit, and probably the FINAL one - WHY do we keep having 'system' issues with things like the sleep stages.  If it works - just don't mess with it!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sick of issues with my fitbit.  This is my 3rd and probably FINAL fitbit.  Why do we keep having these issues with something that was previously working???!!!! 

Best Answer