Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 9/3 - Received Classic Sleep rather than Sleep Stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/7 Update:

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

9/5 Update:

Hi, everyone! I know many of you still haven't received their Sleep Stages, beginning since this past weekend. Our team is actively investigating the root cause and we hope to have this fixed for you all soon. I'm going to close this thread and would like to re-direct you all to your tracker's thread for future updates.

If you own a Blaze, Charge 2, or an Alta HR. Please follow or subscribe to those threads for updates on this issue with Sleep Stages. I will keep those up to date with any new information. 

Thanks everyone for your cooperation! We really appreciate your patience. 

9/4 Update:

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and understand that some of you are still not seeing Sleep Stages. Thanks again for your patience while we work toward a resolution. Here are some answers to questions that have come up around the issue:

Q: Is there something wrong with my tracker? Does my tracker need to be replaced?

A: No, there is nothing wrong with your tracker. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Am I not receiving Sleep Stages because of my app version or tracker firmware version?

A: No, this is not directly related to your tracker or app. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Do I need to contact Fitbit to get this resolved?

A: No, you do not need to contact Support. This issue is not specific to any accounts, and we are working to get it resolved for all customers.

Q: When will I see Sleep Stages again?

A: We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more definitive information.

We are aware of an issue that resulted in some customers receiving Classic Sleep graphs rather than Sleep Stages over the past few nights.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and our team is looking into this to prevent it from recurring.

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

Hi, everyone! I know many of you still haven't received their Sleep Stages, beginning since this past weekend. Our team is actively investigating the root cause and we hope to have this fixed for you all soon. I'm going to close this thread and would like to re-direct you all to your tracker's thread for future updates.

If you own a Blaze, Charge 2, or an Alta HR. Please follow or subscribe to those threads for updates on this issue with Sleep Stages. I will keep those up to date with any new information. 

Thanks everyone for your cooperation! We really appreciate your patience. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought something was wrong with my Charge 2 until I read some of the postings here.  Any idea when this will be corrected?  Sleep stages is the most important use I derive from my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit has suddenly gone back to the classic sleep stages, yet my husband's is performing normally. I've tried rebooting my Fitbit blaze, but nothing seems to help. The battery is full and I'm wearing the watch in the correct position, any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a Fitbit Blaze back in June. It has been tracking my sleep stages pretty reliably for the past few months. However, It has stopped tracking the sleep stages 5 days ago and now only reports total time asleep, restless & awake. Nothing in the way I'm wearing it has changed, so I don't know why it is exhibiting this behavior.

Any thoughts on why this could be happening are much appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also stopped getting the stages three days ago as did a colleague. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here!  Glad it's not just me but I hope it's something they can fix.

Edited - I just read in another thread that the "missing" information is now part of premium. Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 2 and I'm having the same problem. I'm not wearing it any differently so hoping it's a small glitch 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I talked to the Fitbit office at length today and they are aware there is a problem with some of us (not all of us) and say they are working hard to fix it as fast as they can. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted my Alta HR a few days ago as didnt think it was recording all my steps but since I did it I haven't had the sleep stages recorded, just the old basic data. Any ideas? 

I have restarted a couple of times since. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having problems with my sleep log ever since I bought my Charge 2 this past July. It will either log no sleep or totally incorrect data. Last night it said I went to sleep at 5:45 am and woke at 9:27am. It should have read  12:15am to 9:27.  I updated the app and restarted my tracker. Neither action corrected my issue. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer