Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,233 REPLIES 1,233

The new sleep set up isn't fun! The other way for easy sleep and awake was easier. The new info on sleep is nice, thank you for that. 

Best Answer

Hate the new design. The prior one on my Inspire 3 was perfect, and MUCH more readable. The new update also does NOT allow me to Edit the Sleep time data. Says I am inputting a Future Date----which I am not, as it says Today's date. Uggghh!!! 

Best Answer

I have been a loyal Fitbit user for years. This new sleep experience in Fitbit premium is a complete disaster. Within the next 3 weeks I intend to

(1) cancel my Premium subscription and

(2) find a different fitness tracker NOT associated with Fitbit or Google.

Best Answer

I've been up since 1:30am fuming about their ruining their perfectly wonderful sleep app. When I bought the Charge 5 it was primarily for cardiovascular and sleep (which was really bad). I think bc I'm a very visual person, the sleep app helped me immensely to get my sleep regulated. Now if I wake up in the middle of the night, it's impossible to just simply visually check...have to look at horrible text superimposed on something pretending to be a chart. Bah!

Best Answer

Exactly!! It wouldn't let me Edit today's sleep times. Said I was trying to input a Future Date. No! It clearly stated today's date. Uggghh 

Best Answer

It will be beneficial to have an option to personalize the colors on the Sleep experience of the app.

Best Answer

Yes, I couldn't Edit the Sleep start and end times either. It kept stating that I was trying to input a Future Date. Nope--- it clearly stated today's date 

Best Answer

I like some things and miss the old format of others. 

It's great to see the score explained in more detail! I like the views of the data over time and like that I can "scroll" over my sleep timeline with my thumb to look at particular data points. 

The look of the sleep timeline to me is a little busy now with the dotted lines etc.  The old look was cleaner, pleasing, and less anxiety-inducing. Another user mentioned no longer being able to look at this chart horizontally which would be a big help with it feeling busy and cluttered. Also, I really enjoyed the feature of looking at my heart rate or oxygen charts for various days all together on the same page. I don't think that feature should have been removed. 

Good job team!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did try to do it there. It didn't allow me. Said I was trying to input a Future Date. Nope...it clearly stated today's date. That never happened when I was Editing the older version, before this latest so-called update. Grrrr.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I hate that you cannot see the dates stacked up. 

I don't like ANY of the new design. It is definitely a step backwards 

Best Answer

Awful!! Benchmark doesn’t compare as it used to.  That feature was really useful!! All it does is give me my measurements which I already know. 
Don’t like the appearance of any of the results. Previous  update was much better.

Best Answer

My husband and I both are disappointed that the sleep results are not interactive like they were before the update. We used to be able to tap on the graph and get information about what time it was when we were awake and for how many minutes. That's gone, and it was something we used all the time. 

Best Answer

I did get the fitbit app update 4.15 on the latest iOS and all I see from the new sleep experience are three lines (no zones) and no sleep score. (see attached screenshot). I hope those features did not sneak behind the paywall of premium?

IMG_0147.jpeg

Best Answer

The Sleep "updates" are unusable, and missing critical factors -- Sleep Stages, Time in each stage, Oxygen levels, Sleep Schedule Target and Weekly Sleep Hours.  Sleep analysis is barely readable, and there's no longer a way to see on a weekly basis how often you've met your sleep schedule or have slept your target hours.  Premium is a waste of money for anyone who is interested in sleep tracking.  

Best Answer

I hate it.  Any way to go back to the old sleep display?  You can't read this one.

Best Answer

The new format is really disappointing and is definitely harder to look at. It also isn’t showing heart rate. I wish there was a way to go back to the previous design 

Best Answer

The redesign is horrendous. Really hope your team understands how widely hated this update is and that they make the logical decision to roll it back.

Now there's too much cognitive overload, super bland, and no intuitive flow.

Best Answer

I have the awful redesigned sleep experience on my android.   She's lucky to have the old format.  

Best Answer

Not at all happy with the new charting look.  In fact, the whole new design is terrible and I see nothing that is an improvement.  If these changes were brought about to attract people to premium, I don't think it will work.

Best Answer

Absolutely hate the new format, please fix it!!  It’s very hard to read, cannot tell the individual times for each segment, just says start and end times.   The total time of Deep sleep for example does not equal the total time of each segment of deep sleep when added up.   I rely on this feature and it’s the main reason I have a Fitbit.  There is absolutely NO benefit to the new format.   Put back to the previous format please.   Otherwise, when this Fitbit is done, I’m done with them too! 

Best Answer