Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,229 REPLIES 1,229

Brilliant idea!!! :light_bulb: 

Best Answer

@on Twitter/X: @FitbitSupport. Send us a direct message....not a post, although that would be ok, but you should DM/Direct Message them.

Best Answer

My Fitbit has been crap since this new sleep app began! It’s not syncing anymore, not recording exercise, not recording sleep, very frustrating!!!!! Fix this blip please!!!!

Best Answer

Please change it back, or give users the option to go back!!! I work in product at FAANG and all I can say is this is very poor UX design.The chart is way too cluttered, and I don’t glean any valuable information from it. The old chart was so much better, the last couple nights since the change it’s as if I don’t have my sleep data anymore. I’m considering switching to an Oura ring because of this after 8 years on Fitbit. 

Things I preferred about the old chart:

-the visuals were clean, with this dotted line and hours overlay mess I don’t glean any valuable information.

-For the chart against my average, I could precisely see my avg % compared to last nights percentage without any additional clicks. This huge fat dot is imprecise and gives me no sense of how much better/worse I did. 
-same for benchmarks. Without seeing the percentages of the benchmarks compared to mine, I have no idea how I did as the visual on its own is way too imprecise. As a result I basically lose all the valuable information I was getting. 

The only improvements that could’ve been made on the old charts is sometimes the percentages weren’t written if the bar was too short (seemed like a bug), and I’d also like the sleep utilization metric Oura has - ie. What percent of total time was I asleep (total time - time awake / total time)

Best Answer

I don't agree at all that the new sleep layout is visually better. The previous graph method was such a quick way to quickly see how your sleep was. I'm all for change when it's to make things more functional, but if seems like fitbit's recent changes are updates just for the sake of making something look new; almost like a marketing gimmic to rebrand a product.

Honestly, there aren't words to express how much I sincerely hate this redesign.

Best Answer
Me too.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since this board is clearly not monitored by FitBit Customer Support, I responded over on Twitter/X with a DM/Direct Message, not a post, a DM to @FitbitSupport: "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the old sleep app that we all loved! This "upgrade" is visually meaningless, colorless, overlaps text and non-contrasty and colorless dotted lines, useless. messy. There are TONS of us who feel the same way. Please go read the hundreds of comments on the "Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app" topic which ASKED US "What do you think? Let us know!" on http://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sleep-Well/Redesigned-Sleep-experience-now-in-the-Fitbit-app/td-p/557.... Well, we've been answering...and apparently that question was just for show bc NO ONE is answering our comments and complaints...which is in itself horrible customer service...to have us screaming into a void. I bought my Charge 5 Jan 2023, have Premium FOR THE SLEEP. I LOVED it! I was able to normalize my once horrible sleep. Now I HATE the **ahem** new sleep app bc I have to STUDY it to TRY to understand it. Can't. Just annoys the heck out of me. PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD RELIABLE VISUALLY AND QUICKLY UNDERSTANDABLE SLEEP APP. If you don't, I and many of us will be looking for another device with a good sleep monitor. Thank you for your attention to this matter."

Best Answer

Just cancelled my Premium membership.   No sense in paying for it when there is no value added.    

Best Answer
My experience with Garmin was awful for my daily walks. Every time I paused
to chat with neighbors it started my walk over. I bought another Fitbit
product and threw the Garmin tracker out. Have they fixed this problem?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Horrible change. Fitbit ruined sleep tracking. It was the reason I used the Fitbit vs my Apple Watch, but now it is even worse than the poor Apple Watch sleep tracking. Looks like I will not be using my Fitbit any more. Thanks for making Fitbit crappy google

Best Answer

Thanks for suggestion! Does it have a sleep tracker at least as good as the now-deceased FitBit sleep tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you receive a response from your direct message on twitter/X?

Best Answer

I honestly thought there was a glitch of some kind when the new graph showed up, the ‘30 days…’ whatever doesn’t even fit on screen! So much data lost all of a sudden and then the horrible sleep stages graph that’s impossible to take in visually and understand without actually drawing retracing it on paper. I just bought my first Fitbit and enjoyed the first month until this happened. Ok it’s nice to see when I woke up but that’s the only positive, so much good stuff is just gone down the drain. Not sure I will pay for premium if this is what I get. I don’t really use the other functions as the data are conflicting and the app clearly doesn’t understand that when I’m tired, I need rest, not to pump up my muscles, and vice versa. In other words, it doesn’t understand about chronic illness. The calorie logging and data is also a mess. So sleep is the only thing I really care about.

Best Answer

I sent DM @7:36am CST. I'll give them a reasonable amount of time to respond. 

There has been ample time for them to respond to regular posts, but they haven' to mine nor anyone else's that I can see. So I'm hoping the DM finally gets a response.

Best Answer

I hate it. The old graph was simple and an easy quick read. I wish there was a way to not choose the new graph. 

Best Answer
Totally agree with you! Looks like Fitbit/ Google doesn’t care what we
like or need to see!
Best Answer

Don't really like anything about the new sleep display! Please go back to the previous setup!!🙏

Best Answer

Looks to me like the people gave spoken! You wanted to know what everyone thinks...the old statement 'careful what you wish for'...I agree with all of the comments: leaving it alone would have been best. This is the worst change that I have seen.. makes fitbit look ridiculous.  Sleep timeline is rubbish, at least give us an option for the old graph or the new fangled design 

Every moment counts
Best Answer

I sent a link to this thread on Instagram DM and got a response. They wrote:

Hi. Sorry for the trouble. Thanks for sharing the link. I appreciate the honest feedback that you have with the recent update. However, there isn't a way to go back to the old version of the sleep data in the Fitbit app. We're constantly striving to improve Google and Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.

Best Answer

Oh dear that is not good news at all! Well-done Saigdee for sharing the link though 😞

Best Answer