Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,233 REPLIES 1,233

No, I look at things from a benefit perspective when evaluating a product.  I just enjoy the things I use, learn to adapt to changes, and try to find value in things.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dan, you write: " I like being able to see the oxygen variation and sleeping heart rate at a glance before drilling down into graphs."

Can you tell me where to find the sleeping HR information you mention? I'm a premium member using a Sense 2.

Screenshots would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Hi, yes right below the sleep stages you will see an overview of oxygen and sleeping heart in a section labeled: More about your sleep.  If you click on either Oxygen Variation or Sleeping Heart Rate, it will direct you to a graph with more details.  

IMG_1170.jpeg

IMG_1171.jpeg

IMG_1172.png

Best Answer

Where is the chart that shows the breakdown of the sleep score? I’m a premium user and don’t see that anywhere anymore. Not sure what I’m getting extra with premium anymore. As far as the “upgrades” ( ?) what has affected me the most are the downgrades of losing the challenges, along with the groups we had formed, losing the second off the workouts, and now losing the sleep graphs I liked . 
VERY simple question!  how is taking the seconds off workout data an improvement?  this is certainly a downgrade of the technology! It’s really infuriating to be told I’m just upset because I can’t accept change!  lol Running a mile in eight minutes flat is a lot different than 8:45. Runners and even walkers want to know their splits! 

Best Answer

I hate the new sleep app. It is harder to navigate, to see your stats, to quickly see the 'sleep score' etc. The light background, the lack of graph for O2 all lead to this being a terrible update to the very well laid out app we had previously.  There is no shame to put it back.  You will find the majority of users like it better than this.

Best Answer

Sleep score is on the main sleep page.  If you click on the score it breaks down the score for you. 

IMG_1173.jpeg

IMG_1174.jpeg

Best Answer

Thinking about trying my Apple Watch for sleep. Really disappointed in fitbit. 

Best Answer

If you want to view the old style graph, you can log into Fitbit.com, sign in, and navigate to your dashboard   I do this on my laptop.   It’s definitely easier on the eyes, my only major gripe with Google’s material design 

IMG_1175.png

Best Answer

Thank you for letting us know Google is planning on integrating AI into these devices. Dropping Fit Bit Premium like a hot rock ASAP.

Best Answer

Well hospitals are using AI as we speak to help radiologists identify things they often miss. It’s saving lives.  Not all AI is bad, and the media often over exaggerates the truth for clicks with constant fear mongering.   AI one day will help you identify sleep issues and help you make adjustments or tell you about potential heart issues before they become a major issue, or help you get fit by learning your habits and determining what motivates you.  It’s going to help folks improve their lives.   Personally I look forward to this future, a future in which technology solves things like cancer in children - something that breaks my heart. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply Dan.

Very interesting! I'd love to figure out a way to navigate to that second screenshot you show. This is what I see today when I click on my sleep duration on the home screen.

I wonder why I'm not seeing the "Sleep Score" box you show in your first frame grab.

Just curious, can you click on "Restoration" and if so, what do you see? If I was a betting man, I'd guess that it's no longer clickable, which is my "complaint"

Thanks again, this has been much more useful than trying to ask a question on the Fitbit Facebook page (which has not been a good experience).

IMG_9954.PNGIMG_9955.PNG

Best Answer

Winner! Thank you!

Best Answer

I can click on the restoration graph.  You do have to drag across from the bottom of the graph - however it does seem buggy to me and not very smooth. 

Here is a screenshot you can see where I have dragged a point.

IMG_1176.jpeg

Best Answer

Fantastic. Thanks again. At least I now know where things are--now I just need to determine how much I dislike/like the new design. So far, I'm not sold.

Best Answer

It's definitely different.  I am not a fan of Material Design myself, and personally I gravitate towards more colorful design and inviting elements, that being said I am I just trying to embrace it and not fight it and find value in it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You must work for Fitbit. I think, at the very least, the company should
give users a choice in which graphic we prefer. Especially if you are
paying for Premium. What they've given us now is a definite downgrade
Best Answer
Congratulations, but not every change is a benefit when functionality and
ease of viewing is taken away.
Best Answer

I don't like it. How can I switch back to the old one? I thought my app was broken.

Best Answer

I had a case # because I thought it was a software update glitch! It wasn’t! They did this on purpose! LOL Trying my Apple Watch! 

Best Answer

You tried this colour or a similar one a year or so ago and it was not well received l. The colours in the graph are not easy on the eyes. Why can’t you keep it the same? The front page is great the sleep graph is terrible. 

Best Answer