Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,330 REPLIES 1,330

Miss the old graphs.  Really dislike the new one.   Please go back. 

Best Answer

It is AWFUL!!!

Best Answer

This is the worst update I can remember in a very long time. 
1. Hard to read at first glance 

2. no color separation between zones

3. when you take a nap the info is hiding at the bottom. 

4. Its user interface is confusing and unclear! 

clearly someone lied on their resume about user interface design and got the job anyway! What a joke of an update for no good reason.  

CHANGE IT BACK!! 

Best Answer

I hate the Sleep Tracker redesign which makes it difficult to track overnight sleep phase durations and SpO2 on my Fitbit Sense. 

I have Sleep Apnea, use CPAP nightly, have chronic insomnia. Sleep times, duration, and quality are key biometrics for me. 

This loss of the original graphic details, landscape mode, autorotate, and dark mode are critical reductions in functionality and data comprehension. Color contrasts are diminished reducing visibility.

Worst of all these arbitrary changes were made without warning!

A whole new UI that is less user friendly with no alternatives. Even worse, I am still paying for Fitbit "Premium".

RSVP 

Best Answer

Fruit watch is expensive and proprietary, only works with even more expensive fruit phone with fruit OS. None of the fruits play well with others. Want the sandbox for fruits only.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.
Best Answer

Beginning in benchmark then switching to stages if I wish to understand further has helped me. I wasn't a fan of the upgrade either. Benchmark gives me the basic information that I want first thing in the morning. I hope this helps those who haven't noticed it like I hadn't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely do not like the changes at all. The old version was easy on the eyes, didn't have a busy look like this new one. How can I switch back?

Best Answer

You are not the only one. None of my friends with fitbit like this new look.

Best Answer

Please, I use mine all day. Definitely not getting used to anything other than I Don't like it. Give users a choice. 

Best Answer

I REALLY dislike the new look. I thought there was something wrong with my premium membership, I contacted support trying to fix my app! lol. Then I found this thread. I am so so disappointed, the old version was a thousand times better, please bring it back!

Best Answer

The new interface design is a big disappointment.  In my view it's worse, not better.  Please change it back to the previous interface and find other ways to enhance the features while retaining the simpler and more useful design of the previous sleep interface.  Fitbit has been my preferred fitness/sleep tracker for a long time because of its informative and simple interface. The new interface has broken that preference.  Was any serious user community testing done on these changes before UI finalization? Again, very disappointing.  

Best Answer

The other thing that is missing on the sleep display is the ability to edit the sleep times, sometimes the tracker wrongly states the times and I will edit to what it should be, not often but good to have this. Also the times of wake up are now very hard to see, the hours are not on the axis at the bottom. 

There has been so many replies on this, will we actually get a response from FitBit? Are there plans to change it back, given all these users don’t like this new sleep display? 

Best Answer

I don't like that you can't zoom in on the sleep graph anymore to see the actual timings you were in each sleep state. It only gives 3 times....start mid and end. Also, you used to be able to click into each sleep stage individually but this has been removed. The graph is less user friendly and the information isn't as useful as it was.

Best Answer

Quite honestly, I hate the new way that sleep data is presented.  It's not nearly as informative, visually, as the old style. 

Best Answer

I hope they do take note of all the people commenting here who are not liking it! I haven't seen a comment from anyone who does like the new look. All we can do is hope that they listen to us, the users!

Best Answer

I'm with you, Auldjohn. This has been a step back.

Best Answer

I absolutely effing HATE HATE HATE this STUPID cartoonish update. WTAF are you people thinking??? 

Best Answer

What Google has done since taking over Fitbit is a disgrace!

I'm in my mid-60s and the redesign especially for the sleep is so much harder to read now that I am looking to change to another smartwatch. Google needs to fire the app designers! 

Best Answer

Totally annoyed with the changes to sleep data section of the app. Harder to read with the lack of color. Hard to find the thin movable vertical line to see a little detail. Heaven forbid if I should wake up even once during the night and take more than 1 minute in the restroom..... even if I go right back to sleep it seems to skip the next couple of hours or just says awake or restless. Not seeing REM or Deep anymore. I used to be able to see steps on the app as I was doing them, now not so much, I have to keep tapping sync. I have been a fitbit user for years. First one was a Charge (lasted a year and then wouldn't charge) and yet I gave fitbit another try and got the Alta HR which I still like because of its sleek design and ease of changing bands. But then a few years ago I upgraded to Inspire HR and was ok until a few weeks ago I had it on in a pool for a few minutes, but now won't charge. Back to using just my reliable Alta HR, but now that you have messed with parts of the app that seemed fine, I will be looking to saying good riddance to Fitbit if I don't see true improvement in the next couple of weeks.

Best Answer