Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,227 REPLIES 1,227

The sleep timeline is awful and less informative. Too hard to see the night in graphs. Bring back the old graphs this is not better.

Best Answer

I hate it!! The colours are drab and lack distinction, there is way too much detail in the graph making it hard to read, features are now missing like heart rate, please let us opt to go to the old version. This didn't need to be changed, and if it did, why didn't you improve it and not make it worse. 

Best Answer

I do not see a place to enter "Going to sleep now" or whatever it used to be (not that it ever made a difference).  I would think that if you entered that info and then enter "I'm awake," the sleep score would calculate based upon that duration.  However, it seems Fitbit will only calculate sleep automatically.

Best Answer

Change it back! This is a horrible design! I can’t see my weekly sleep times. Terrible terrible terrible!!!

Best Answer

I hate it! Please change it back! Or give us the option to change it back!!!

Best Answer

How can I edit the start or end times of sleep logs in the new app version?

I agree with other replies that the layout and colour changes are a big step backwards, but if we can no longer edit the logs that is a much bigger problem for me. 

Best Answer

Hello @User111111 

I provided the steps on how to edit the sleep log in your other post where you asked this question.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, but this update feels like a downgrade. The visuals are less intuitive and i can't compare days e.g. of a week anymore at a glance? Is there a way to get the old design back, because this new one is really less useful.

Best Answer

I didn’t know it was happening and I don’t like it at all. I miss the old format. And it’s not just because it’s new. 

Best Answer

Don’t like the new sleep format. The old version was much easier to read. Please change it back! If can’t be changed back the least you could do is change the colors of the sleep stages. The light & deep stages are very hard to differentiate the colors. I like to be able to just glance at the graph to see my sleep stages but with the colors so much alike it’s impossible. 
Also, I’m not seeing sleeping heart rate graph.

Best Answer

It sucks, so hard to read. Who made the change to the sleep part of the app, it looks like my 4 year old did it.

Best Answer

I do not like this new display.  My sleep score is the first thing i check every morning.  It is no longer easily readable.  My husband has very disturbed sleep, because of his Parkinson’s and we cross check sleep patterns.  It is no longer easy to judge our awake and asleep times.  I have purchaesd 5 fitbits, over the years and now plan to throw them all out and buy one of those rings to see if they are easier to read.  Terribly disappointed!  

Best Answer

At the very least people should be given option to go back. Why have you taken the edit sleep functionality. That’s such an important feature.

Best Answer
You can still edit sleep. Use the 3 dots upper right hand corner.
Best Answer

The new sleep interface is awful. Why do you make these pointless retrograde changes? At the very least, give users the option to choose what they want. 

Best Answer

I am so annoyed that I am sending a second message to say how much I hate the “new sleep experience“.

Best Answer

You changed this a year or so ago and people wanted the old version back. And we got the old version back. Now you change it again. I don't care for the new format. This change is not for the better as far as I am concerned.

Best Answer

I don't think they care what the users think. My Fitbit is a few years old and having to be charged more often. May be time to go with another company. They made a change to the sleep tracker a while ago and had so much negative feedback they changed it back. Hopefully they will change it back again.

Best Answer

Well you can see what we think of it! I sincerely hope you have passed on our feedback to whoever makes these decisions at Fitbit/Google. 
It’s interesting that it looks better on the website versus the app.  I thought we were losing the website dashboard functionality but I’ll be going back to it.  

Best Answer

I absolutely hate it! 😒 

Best Answer