Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,370 REPLIES 1,370

After seven years with Fitbit, I am going to have to leave because of this redesign. I have a visual learning disability and the colours on the new sleep graph are indistinguishable from each other. The labels on the sleep graph are unclear (what do they refer to? The line above or the one below? I puzzle over it again each day). I can no longer see my sleep profile history in one place. I did at one point try apple watch and came back to Fitbit specifically because of the way the data was laid out visually. Since that's now gone and doesn't appear to be coming back, you've lost a faithful customer. I will up upgrading to a Garmin, and I'm excited because they offer more reliable HRV detection anyway. My feedback: get a new UX team that considers people with disabilities. Or hire at least one designer who understands how colour works!

Best Answer

Agreed that it's much harder to read. I was told a revert to the old version isn't possible, so I'm jumping ship for Garmin.

Best Answer

They changed it to include more text... but the text is positioned in such a way that it's difficult to visually discern what label applies to which part of the graph. It's not at all clear visually anymore... the intention may be to provide more insight, but since the redesign fails at basic accessibility (and principles of design, such as use of colour), I'm getting less insight than before. Makes you wonder how they think human brains work, because to me having more information laid out in a comprehensible manner LEADS to more insight. Instead looking at the app just makes me want to scream. Garmin here I come!

Best Answer
Thanks for the info, the presentation on my computer looks great and all my
data go back to 2022 is available. It syces with my watch just fine from
the app. So I will use it that way for now.
Best Answer

Worst thing ever.

i used Fitbit mostly for the sleep stas and now I can’t get any info thats easily understood.

I’m looking Into a different tracker.

Im deeply disappointed especially since it seems no one at the company even cares.

Best Answer

They seem to not give a dam# what we think Melora, even though Rebecca asked us to let them know what we thought. Guess they expected everyone to love it! Definitely looking into changing, after more than 10 years with fitbit!

Best Answer

I absolutely hate the new display. At least if you could get it in landscape that would be better, but you can't even do that anymore. It's SO fiddly trying to see the data. Please Fitbit, change it back

Best Answer

One thing that is even more disappointing to me than the new user interface is the lack of communication from Fitbit. Whilst the community blog post "Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app" clearly asks for feedback with "We’d love to know what you think of the new design. Join in the conversation and let us know!"multiple forum threads with thousands of votes and comments and the company keeps quiet.

As the board seems to be meant for member discussions only I recommend to provide feedback in the following ways:

Best Answer

It is awful. 
seems to be a down grade rather than anything positive. 
not easy on the eye and not easy to find aspects of the old version that I enjoyed. 
The colours and layout are no where near as good as the previous version. 
I think that my loyalty to Fitbit is being challenged, I will probably go elsewhere when I can.

Best Answer

Thanks for providing the chat/call link.  I "chatted" w/them and they have no intention of reversing the sleep app change.  I've loved my relationship with my tracker and hate to give up my history but a company that doesn't listen to valid/bazillion concerns over an unpopular change isn't worth my time.  Everyone else has been switching to a more expensive tracker and I guess it's time for me to make the move.  Sadly 😞

Best Answer

Fitbit will be gone by ‘25 as Google uses the Fitbit tech and software to ramp up its Pixel watch, so this is just the beginning of the end. In the words of Monty Python,

”Run away, run away!”

Best Answer

Horrible… I recommended FitBit to my vision impaired mother and to help track sleep of my disabled father, they both recently bought devices but they are now useless and I feel so guilty … 😞 the display is now totally unreadable/messy! And now the data is totally inaccurate! It says we were awake when we were not and asleep when we were not…. 

Best Answer

I hate it I'm really upset that I even bought this Fitbit now the old one was so much better this one you

Best Answer

Are we allowed to mention other brands on this site? If so can anyone suggest a good alternative to Fitbit for recording sleep? I am so disappointed with the new sleep display, I at least want to be able to see it in landscape but it doesn't even offer that. As our concerns have been completely ignored, I'm definitely now looking to ditch my Fitbit and move onto something else. Any suggestions out there?

Best Answer

I'm feeling about the same and I just bought mine a few months ago and now this change is just not good at all 

Best Answer

I am getting rid of Fit Bit- you do not care what we think about new sleep tracking- that is evident.  Just ordered new tracker today.

Best Answer

Thank you Alan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I will take a look 

Best Answer

The original version is appropriate for sleep patterns, this downgrade is more appropriate for either a DNA matching screen or a fill in the circle for your answer test. Google is going to kill a great product. My husband already bought a new brand after 10 years with Fitbit. I'm researching still, will see how his is, and post on that later. 

Best Answer

Hello Fitbit Moderator, this is a simple YES or NO question.  Will the Fitbit app's sleep section be switched back to its former version?  If Fitbit is not going to do so, I will be cancelling your premium service on May 15.  At which point, I'll be looking for an alternative HR monitor/tracker.  Good day to you.

Best Answer