Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,233 REPLIES 1,233

Wow...this update is really really bad.
Please give us the option to get back the old experience.

It's no longer possible to make the timeline bigger and instead of selecting stuff we can now only scroll a tiny picture.

I'm still in my first week of using the Fitbit and this makes me look for alternatives.

Best Answer

I totally agree! Had no idea a new update was even coming and have woken up to this. Not keen at all and, like you, prefer to see my days stacked up and clearer to read. Maybe I just need to get used to it? I’d like to get the old version back!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

The new updated sleep tracker is just horrible.  The older version was much better.

Best Answer

You GOT RID OF MANUAL SLEEP TRACKING. How am I supposed to remember when I went to sleep the night before?? This does NOT work for me! Put it back!!

Edit: They moved it to the main page. It's no longer accessible from the Sleep page. That's ridiculous. Why can't I access all Sleep settings from the Sleep *page* anymore??? 

Best Answer

I think the new format is too busy! Much preferred it before .

It would be better if Fitbit actually made the sleep tracker work . It consistently only records parts of my sleep .

I’ve already tried all the suggested solutions given in the many other comments I’ve seen around this subject . 

Best Answer

It si horrible!!!! It just doesn't make sense... 

-how much time I was awake/aslepp in graph?

-I can't share anymore my data and graph

-I'm not able to see separate graphs for sleep zones 

-I'm not able to se a separate graph for the asleep and awake time

-I can't see in wich time I was awake in an easy way

Honestly this morning I tought that for some reason the app didn't recognised I have a Premium account and I was seeing just the basic stats.

I think the sleep tracking was the thing that worth the premium membership, fir almost everyone,  and now?

I think the only way to really send a feedback, is that a lot of people deactivate the premium membership renewal

P.s. found that at least in the web dashboard things are a little like it was before in the app, why can't we simply have the web page in the app?

Best Answer

Completely agree with you. The new design is way too busy with detail. I miss the clear easy way that my sleep cycle was shown by colour. Very disappointing design. 

Best Answer

I hate this new design. Is there a way for us to change it back to the previous one? This updated design is extremely confusing to navigate. I miss the old graph that was easy to view.

Best Answer

With all the world's technology at your fingertips, you've come up with a design that looks like a high school competition winner circa 2005. 

It takes longer to read, the analysis is harder, it's harsh on the eyesight.  

People just want to take a quick glance to see how they slept. Not spend valuable time trying to work it out!

It's meant to be convenient, expedient and informative. Not a complete pain in the neck.  

I shall be looking elsewhere, for sure.  

Best Answer

I don’t like it! It’s really hard to quickly read what REM and deep sleep I had, the text isn’t as clear as it was, and where’s the list gone of the sleep time each day? I sometimes lay with my little boy while he naps and it records as a sleep which I go in and delete, but I can’t see where I can do that now? 

Best Answer

I hate it, it looks so clunky in comparison to the nicely coloured graph that I had previously.

Best Answer

Totally agree. VISUALS over time have degraded. Exercise zone colors lack contrast making you WORK to see the data. And now they've done the same to sleep charts which used to be easily understood at a glance...now I have to WORK to understand what SHOULD be VISUALIZED data. Text overlaps non-contrasty charts. Really, really hate this newest "upgrade". I'm done with my Charge 5 which, when I bought it Jan 2023, I used to LOVE...Now I HATE it. No wonder I'm seeing 50% price discount...As far as I'm concerned a price tag of $10 might still be too much. 

Best Answer

Hate the new look.  Please change it back. 

Best Answer

Obviously you learned nothing from the massive criticism you got last time you tampered with this app. Why change something that needs no change? I am so disapointed!  It is so much harder to read now and the couloring is just bad. Over all the app gets worse and worse every time you touch it, please stop messing with it!!

Best Answer

I agree with you. Way too busy and hard to read. I really liked going back over the years and seeing the scores and hours by each week stacked on top of each other. This looks like a lot more data, but isn’t clearly giving me as much information as it used to. This is my 4th Fitbit and I will have to seriously consider going a different route next time. 

Best Answer

Absolutely terrible! The old format was great, whereas this new one is so difficult to read. Why change it at all, just for the sake of it? Don't fix what isn't broken, this is a huge downgrade. Please being back the original 

Best Answer

I agree no easily visible graph &for heart rate or oxygen rate & no landscape view option either! 

Best Answer

Could you please add back the option to view it in landscape please, the new look is too compressed. Also wish I could see heart rate & oxygen rate at a glance rather than having to go back & tap an icon

Best Answer

Totally baffling how they decide to make a perfectly great fitness tracker and make successive changes, each one worse than the last.

Best Answer

It's really terrible, isn't it? Jeesh!

Best Answer