Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensitive vs Normal

ANSWERED

I have been using sensitive for the last couple of weeks and was wondering what my data looked like in 'normal' and I can't seem to figure out how to do it.  I can change my charge HR setting to normal but the graphs and data all still read as sensitive.  I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that it just recorded all the movement and how it is intepreted is either normal or sensitive? 

I am around 50% with 15-25 'wakeups' (though not actively away) on 8-9 hours of 'sleep' and am generally tired all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you want to see previous sleep log in Normal or Sensitive - 

Go to the Log, and the Sleep page. If you hover the mouse over the sleep record, and Edit option with appear.

2.png

Select it, and in the lower left of the edit view that appears there is an option to change to Normal or Sensitive depending on what it is already in.

1.png

Click on that and it will update your sleep record to show it in the selected sensitivity.

3.PNG

Not sure if it is possible to do more than one at a time unfortunately.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I'm pretty sure that is not how the settings work. I believe that the nights you go to bed with the tracker in sensitive mode, then the output will be 'sensitive' graphs and the nights that you go to bed with the tracker in normal mode, then the output will be 'normal' graphs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm weird, I had an original fitbit 'long ago' and I felt like you could switch it back and forth and see the display change.  Maybe my brain is just inserting what seems incredibly logical into my memory though 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you want to see previous sleep log in Normal or Sensitive - 

Go to the Log, and the Sleep page. If you hover the mouse over the sleep record, and Edit option with appear.

2.png

Select it, and in the lower left of the edit view that appears there is an option to change to Normal or Sensitive depending on what it is already in.

1.png

Click on that and it will update your sleep record to show it in the selected sensitivity.

3.PNG

Not sure if it is possible to do more than one at a time unfortunately.

Best Answer

Thanks, glad my memory wasn't deceiving me!  Sadly my times awakened doesn't go down much when switching to normal, though my restless sleep dissapears in theory.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hadn't seen that. Thanks @Namyeknom!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've wondered the same about the two settings.  I have tried sensitive but I am afraid it is picking up on my husband's movements in bed?  Is that even possible? Anyone else worried that it may be "too sensitive"?  I am genuinely curious. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same concerns.  Sensitive seems too sensitive, but normal doesn't seem sensitive enough... haven't come up with a good solution.  

Best Answer

I'm not sure how useful these settings actually are.

If I set mine to Normal mode it says that I sleep very well. In the mid 90s.

If I set it to sensitive it says that I sleep very badly. In the mid 40s.

One says that I sleep sopundly, the other says that I have 2-3 hour a ight sleep.

I personally think that I sleep through the night, but move around a lot. So I'm not certain how much use the Fitbit data is. So I sleep badly, but am still sleeping, when the band thinks that I'm awake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello, u wonder why my sleep log had diffrent times in the same night-
ucing te sencetive tracking mode. 
i did for d first time start the tracking from  my app , and was "pushing the button" i am awake and it said 4h.24 minits

12540344_10153728805941013_46227846_n.jpg

and  than later when i was looking agin at it was 2h.4 min. 

12499019_10153728806051013_290746546_o.jpg.

I do not understrand why it is difrent? when it is the same log? 

sorry aboute my writing skillis maby not so good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have changed the day, and on the days where I felt particularlly awful in the morning, knowing I didn't get ANY sleep whatsoever the normal setting has me getting over 9 hours of sleep. The sensitive setting has me at 3 hours of sleep. There is too much of a discrepancy for me to believe either one.

Best Answer