Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Your Nightly Sleep Score Here!

Hi everyone!  I thought it would be fun if we could all share our sleep score from the previous night.  Keep this thread going and post as often as you can!  You can tell us what your sleep score is, how you feel about it, what time you went to bed and woke up, etc.

I'll go first!  Last night, my sleep score was 87.  I fell asleep around 8:30pm and unfortunately was up around 4:45am thanks to my dog.  She is still not fully adjusted to the daylight savings time here in America, so she was ready for breakfast.  

Now share yours!  🙂

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

@1970GenX "jogger" is your forum rank. It doesn't mean that you, personally, are a jogger. As you continue participating in the forum, you'll get a new rank. You can learn more about how all that works here 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

My score was 78 last night. I think I had too many rich snacks, too close to bed time. I had a nice run this afternoon and I'm trying to eat more sensibly today. I'm hoping for better sleep tonight. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

Thank you :)) clearly there should be a lower category…. I should have come in as a “Napper”

Best Answer

Well, my log isn't accurate.  I have a sleep score of 69 because my HR monitor stopped working for two hours in the middle of the night, so my Fitbit thought I was awake and it broke up my sleep log.  I think I got pretty good sleep, so last night's score is wrong.

601756E7-E902-4A25-A762-449D51A2DE62.jpeg

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I didn't get a detailed sleep analysis last night because it couldn't get a consistent heart-rate reading 😞 When I look at my HR from last night I can see a peak at 107 bpm. Maybe it's because of that. Also, I have no breath rate data from that night. 

Let's hope it works next night!

Best Answer

Buenas, @Lorengc67. Quizá @YojanaFitbit pueda ayudar con su pregunta. ¡Buena suerte!

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

I've had a few good nights of sleep, I think.  I had an 89, 82, and then 86 last night.  The 82 (Sunday night sleep, Monday's score) I felt like I tossed and turned a lot and had trouble getting my brain to settle down.  I felt that score should've been lower.  But overall I think I've been sleeping decently.  My body feels super relaxed when I go to hot yoga in the evenings and I pretty much passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow last night.

Best Answer

all of our yoga studios have closed, there are zoom classes, but I dont really have comfortable physical space to do it... I did sleep well w yoga.

I dont know why but I had terrible sleep night before last - 67 / 5 hours ... which was particularly bad because it was right before my booster shot & one good thing to do to prep is get a good nights sleep. Last nights score was 78, pretty good for me. Booster has had no side affects, I just have a tiny bit of injection site soreness this morning  - not as sore as shot 1 or 2.

Best Answer

@alexthecat Thanks a million for your help! I've moved that question to the correct board. 😊

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I need to get to bed a little earlier, but my scores have been pretty good so far this week.

IMG_0698.jpeg

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Last night my sleep score was 84.  This was an improvement over the last few nights.  I went to bed around 10pm and woke at 6:45am.  I was still pretty darn tired when I got up this morning and had to drag myself out of bed.  It is so hard to get moving when it is dark and cold!

Best Answer

I have had a few mid-80 scores these past days!!

I'm trying to develop a formula, this is what I have so far 

SLEEP // best sleep nights
:: drink only 50% caff no later than 11am
:: workout in morning, not later in day
:: eat heavy midday, eat light late, no booze, vitamins
:: walk dog so he is tired & quiet & empty
:: dark, 63, open door, lower vent
:: hydrate / water bottle @ bed
:: flat back, none/ one thin pillow
:: husband was traveling
:: air filter white noise
Best Answer

@1970GenX I'm glad you are working out a formula for better sleep!  While I like it a little cool in my room, I would be positively frozen at 63 degrees!  I like a nice 69, 70, or even 71.  And we have a ceiling fan in our bedroom so that helps cool me down at night too.

Alcohol really wrecks my sleep!  Even just one glass of wine can cause me to toss and turn, wake up early, and feel terrible in general.  Also being uncomfortably full of food ruins my sleep, so I prefer to eat around 5pm.  I get in bed around 8:30 and if I'm eating after 7pm, my stomach is too full (unless I have a light dinner).  So in general I try not to drink alcohol at night (I'll have a hot cup of herbal de-caff tea sometimes) and keep my meals early or lighter.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know what I did last night, but I feel like I slept amazingly!  I woke up super refreshed.  86 sleep score, slept 8 hours 16 min.  My dog did wake me up to go potty at 10:30pm, but I was surprisingly able to fall back asleep and I slept until my alarm went off at 5:20am.  That almost never happens!  

I took a shower close to bedtime and cleaned up the kitchen before bed too.  I also washed the sheets and bed linens yesterday.  Maybe it was the combination of fresh bed linens, shower before sleep, and knowing that the kitchen was clean that helped relax me!

Best Answer

Hi there! Just started on the Fitbit journey. My score seems to be 72 every night. I'd like to get to 80+. I get at least 6-7 hours of sleep every night. I even take melatonin + 5 HTP every night to help with a more sufficient rest. 

Best Answer

Last night, for the first time ever, I got a sleep score in the 90s! My New Year's resolution was to improve my stress management. I think that is affecting my sleep as well. 

Screenshot_20220123-161535_Fitbit.jpg

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

@alexthecat That's wonderful!  I get 90 or 91 every now and then, it's not too frequently.  Despite my sleep issues, I almost always end up in the mid-to-high 80s.

I actually think I need to set my sleep settings to "sensitive"  because I had another bad night: the young dog wanted out twice last night at 11:30pm and 2:15am and I'm exhausted.  My sleep score is an 88.  So I think I'm going to change my settings and test it to see if it really reflects how I feel and also to see if that will then impact the Daily Readiness Score.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to be honest, I don't put any faith in the sleep score whatsoever. I have chronic insomnia and while I'm trying to find some value in the sleep stages, these values are frankly kind of insulting.

4 hours of sleep (target 7.5)- 76

I also have a readiness score of 100 today because of...well, I'm not quite sure why. Yes, I can see how the score is added, but I'm failing to see why it is added this way.  4 hours sleep factors up to 100 readiness?

Earlier this week, 5 hours of sleep, 2 on either side with one hour at 2 am spent sick in the bathroom-- Score 80 "Good". 

If these are counting as fair or good nights of sleep, then I'm not quite sure what would give a poor score.  I barely slept enough for the device to actually calculate a score last night (4 hours), and still got "fair".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20220219-103218.png

@Guthwin Readiness score is more than just sleep. What were your activity and heart rate variability?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, eezeepee. Sorry for being grumpy that morning.  Thank you for your reply. 

It tends to give me really high marks for heart rate variability and especially sleep. I think I figured out my misunderstanding--fitbit "grades" the sleep you got, even if it isn't for an ideal length. So I get higher scores because I'm getting a good 3-4 hours of sleep a night (except for deep sleep), so even though I want more, the sleep I'm getting is good. And that's why the sleep and readiness scores are higher than I would expect.

Best Answer
0 Votes